Seayoda's Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
Knowing that Seayoda is a excellent photographer I decided to look at his gallery.
What else do I find, great videos too. He has excellent pictures and great videos.
Seayoda, thanks for posting them.

Wow, do you ever know how to make a guy blush :D.

I'm still just the same bumbling sophomore U/W photographer but I just happened to find the movie mode on the old C-5050. Very nice feature - not a video camera by far but I still can capture how the dive felt and re-live it now and then.

Thanks for the kind words.

SeaYoda... can't help but notice your HydroOptix... How do you like it? do you have the eyes for it or do you wear contacts?

meekal:
SeaYoda... can't help but notice your HydroOptix... How do you like it? do you have the eyes for it or do you wear contacts?

Over-all, I love the mask. It has some weak points - it fogs easy due to the plastic lens - it leaks a little more that my other masks - the plastic lens gets light scratches pretty easy. All the problems can be overcome. The fogging is fixed by allowing baby shampoo to dry on the lens and then a light rinse before the dive, it usually lasts two dives. The leak is stopped (to an acceptable degree) by wearing the strap lower on my head and no sunblock on my face. The scratches on the lens disappear under water like the manufacturer claimed. The volume/purge thing is not a problem for me - it is a high volume mask but it's easy to purge.

I am nearsighted -3.25. The mask acts like a -4.5 lens so it over corrects for me. This would not be a problem if my arms were not shrinking with age :wink: . Due to my presbyopia I actually wear contacts that make my eyes worse so I can see my gauges and the LCD on the camera.

I gladly put up with any of these minor difficulties for the unobstructed view I get. No other mask comes close. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom