Seawing Nova?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First post hopefully I’m doing this in the right spot.

I’m worried about sizing. I wear a size 10 5mm(a little wiggle room) aqualung boot and I wear a size 9 1/2 US shoe which seems to be the scary middle ground for US sizing. I use size R in all my other fins which is a different size range than Large or Medium. I don’t have the option of trying these on before buying them, so I’m stuck buying them online. A recommendation from someone with sizing experience or someone whose stuck in the same foot size problem and has bought/dives with a pair would be awesome!

A size 10 FourthElement Amphibian boot fit comfortably into a Large Nova. Would go that direction rather than a medium, especially if you have wide feet.

I use a US size 12 Aqualung 5mm boot and use size L Seawing Nova Gorilla fins with no issues.

My boots are a bit oversize as I like them loose in the foot and not pinching. I normally take a foot size US 11 shoe.

Hope this helps. :D

First post hopefully I’m doing this in the right spot.

I’m worried about sizing. I wear a size 10 5mm(a little wiggle room) aqualung boot and I wear a size 9 1/2 US shoe which seems to be the scary middle ground for US sizing. I use size R in all my other fins which is a different size range than Large or Medium. I don’t have the option of trying these on before buying them, so I’m stuck buying them online. A recommendation from someone with sizing experience or someone whose stuck in the same foot size problem and has bought/dives with a pair would be awesome!

I would have a serious discussion with your online vendor about return of fins that don't fit. Recently, I was looking at Novas, but after trying them on, I realized that the length and width of feet are important, but instep height is equally important. While the large size fit fine in length/width, the shape and rigidity of the top edge of the fin pocket was killing my instep to the point of becoming unbearable after swimming with them for five minutes. Luckily the pair I tried on was the owner's spare pair, and I would have been miserable buying something that I could not have returned after using them in the water. I have heard similar comments from other divers about high insteps not working out well with the Nova.

I would have a serious discussion with your online vendor about return of fins that don't fit. Recently, I was looking at Novas, but after trying them on, I realized that the length and width of feet are important, but instep height is equally important. While the large size fit fine in length/width, the shape and rigidity of the top edge of the fin pocket was killing my instep to the point of becoming unbearable after swimming with them for five minutes. Luckily the pair I tried on was the owner's spare pair, and I would have been miserable buying something that I could not have returned after using them in the water. I have heard similar comments from other divers about high insteps not working out well with the Nova.
I’ve heard the same. It’s actually what really sparked me looking everywhere for size reviews and peoples personal thoughts reviews on YouTube. I went ahead and ordered the large after the suggestions and they do have a 30 day return policy regardless of the condition they’re returned in. (Apparently they have an incredible manufacturers warranty). Ill try them out and see. My next biggest concern, after the size, are my arches which are fairly high.

I hope the OP won't mind me high jacking his thread but I have a bit of a similar question.

I received my Seawing Novas yesterday but I am questioning the choice of the L... I attach a picture with my 5mm boot that I wear usually.

The fins are comfy but there is a bit of lateral wiggle and I have the feeling I might be a bit far in the foot pocket.

What do you guys think?

20220112_200913.jpg

Thank you very much in advance for the feedback!

The beauty of the SP Nova is the long pocket, utilising your entire foot
rather than the fin flopping around on the front of the foot like the rest

Thanks for the reply happy-diver.
In your opinion, it's a good fit? and the side wiggle is not so bad?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom