Seawing Nova ISSUES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi my name is Giovanni,

I'm from London but i work in Thailand as a diving instructor. I purchased a pair of Seawing Nova in June 2011 in the UK and since then i had them replaced 3 times.

My biggest issues are related to the fact that the Scubapro Authorised dealer here in Thailand (Dive Supply) keeps replacing them with the 1st generation and justified it by telling me that Scubapro has officially gave indications to do so.

Now I tried to email Scubapro directly through their website, I also got in contact with Mr. John Seddon (Scubapro Rep. for Thailand) several times but in all cases I never got a reply.

Is it possible that i should keep getting a model that is clearly gonna break sooner or later when there is a 2nd generation available????? Also what is really annoying is that I am asked every time to pay a Import Tax on the fins whenever i need them replaced which i find absolutely unfair.

I love scubapro products, every single piece of equipment i own is branded Scubapro but i must be honest i feel a little let down from the customer service...i'm really hoping I can get an answer regarding this matter and possibly some help in getting my Seawing Nova's replaced with the correct model.

Kind Regards,
Giovanni

Sounds like a bum deal, given that the problem with the 1st version is well documented I would have thought it was SOP to replace any broken 1st gens with 2nd gen. Im sure I read somewhere that that was the procedure, Australia?. Hopefully a rep will provide both a solution to your problem and some clarification about general policy. Don't feel too bad about not getting an email response from SP I have mailed them a few times and have never received a response.

Your posting was copied to the Sales Director for Austral-Asia for immediate assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom