Seasons in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skollerholm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm probably heading over to Cozumel in end of Feb/beginning of March. It's my first time going there, and while there is a lot of discussions on Cozumel, I have a hard time finding info on what it´s like during different seasons. So here it goes:

Is Feb/March a good time to go? (Weather, chance of manta rays or other good stuff, possibility of diving both ocean and cenotes)

Is Feb/March high season or low season or something in between? Do I need to make dive reservations in advance or can I check out the options when I get there? (I'm going on my own, so I want to go with an advanced operator (fast boat, big tanks, good quality DMs and buddies))

I'll be grateful for any info on these issues, or if you know of good links relating to these aspects.

Best regards
/Lars

February and March is a great time to come to Cozumel. However, it is high season and I strongly encourage you to make advance reservations. Keep in mind that Carnaval is February 21 - 28 and many operators are already booked for that time period.

For large tanks, fast boats and excellent DM's, you absolutely cannot beat Liquid Blue DIvers. www.liquidbluedivers.com or info@liquidbluedivers.com

We do not have manta rays here, but we do have spotted eagle rays which are in season through March usually.

Have fun and book now in order to guarantee your reservations.

How far in advance should one make reservations with a Dive Op for a Sept/Oct
trip?

-Doug

Christi:
February and March is a great time to come to Cozumel. However, it is high season and I strongly encourage you to make advance reservations. Keep in mind that Carnaval is February 21 - 28 and many operators are already booked for that time period.

For large tanks, fast boats and excellent DM's, you absolutely cannot beat Liquid Blue DIvers. www.liquidbluedivers.com or info@liquidbluedivers.com

We do not have manta rays here, but we do have spotted eagle rays which are in season through March usually.

Have fun and book now in order to guarantee your reservations.

Since Christi won't plug her own shop I will.

Fast boats, Great DM, ok so she dives with Al 80's,

BlueXTSea... great customer service too.

TwoBIt

I'll be down there Mar 2-7, My thrid trip in less than a year.....Highest season rates in most hotels.....We usually dive with Dive Paridise, check out thei web site... We also plan on doing a cenote dive near Playa Del Carmen on one day.
Me and two of my dive buddy's will be there. Let me know if you choose Dive Paradise.

Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom