Seasoft TX3 Drysuit Maintenance & questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just purchased a lightly used seasoft TX3. The suit does have a light unpleasant body smell from the previous user and I would like to get rid of it. I was wondering what is the suggested cleaning procedure for the inside.

I also would like to add a pocket. What is the best approach for that?

One last question: I read someone's suit description mention suspenders. I suppose these would be handy for keeping the suit around your waste when not diving. How are those attached?

We have a new product called "LEMON GrenAIDE" that is an enzyme cleanser and wetsuit shampoo. It will not only kill those smells but it will clean the entire suit AND you can do it in the washing machine unless it has a brass zipper. It will leave your suit smelling lemony fresh and it will be really clean. The cost is $6.99 for a 8 oz. bottle. This is the best enzyme cleanser out there. We will give you your money back if you are not totally amazed at the job it does. When we were testing it for the final formula we asked 4 dive stores to send us their absolutely worst rental suits. We made then smell better than new and they really STUNK when we first got them.

The next question you have is about pockets. We have two pockets, the most popular one has 1.5" walls and it is 8.5 inches long and approximately 6 inches wide with a stainless D-ring attached just outside the pocket. These retail for $89.99 each. The second option is a pocket with 3" walls, everything else the same. I do not recommend these because I am a firm enemy of hydro-drag and these big baffle pockets create a huge amount of drag in my opinion. But there are tech guys that want them. They are $99.99 each.

Your final question is about suspenders. We attach connection points inside the suit with the female end of a 1.5" side release buckle. The 1.5 inch elastic suspenders have the male end attached to them. Everything is adjustable and they are extremely comfortable. They cost $69.99 for the suspenders and $35 for labor to attach the connection points if your suit does not have them.

If you have any other questions, ask away. Thank you.

Bruce Justinen
President
SEASOFT SCUBA

Just pm'ed about the pockets by forgot to reference the suit. So the question is what is the labor on installing the pockets...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom