Seasoft Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used Seasoft gloves and hoods for years . I love the product and their innovative designs . I would not hesitate to buy one of your suits Bruce . Trouble is my current suit has a lot of dives left in er.
I do not know of many company's that have not had a quality control glitch at one point or another . If this is limited to 75 suits it is manageable . I recommend contacting anyone that had a problem while diving and make sure they know the whole story .
I recommend Seasoft products .

Indian Valley Scuba has the complete Seasoft line of drysuits and undergarments on our Dueling Drysuits Demo Tour, so anyone is welcome to come out and test dive them and evaluate the quality, fit and function for themselves. The tour will be running forty-five days this year across the Northeast. And the best part? The demo is FREE!

Complete Dueling Drysuits tour details, dates and schedule can be found by clicking here!

Bruce produces a very high quality drysuit. The Seasoft drysuits are very well designed with quality features.

Seasoft is located in the Pacific NW. Bruce and his crew have a lot of experience in cold water diving.

Good for Dave and the IVS folks for adding SeaSoft to the Dueling Drysuits Demo.

My last post was on April 4th... and it is now May 10th... so here is an update.

Bruce has sent back a large portion of the money owed to us - but not all of it. As of the writing of this email, we are still awaiting the final payment.

Bruce has not yet received any of the suits back from us - as per the agreement, we would not ship them back until we had received a complete refund... and two pre-paid UPS shipping labels (call tags) so we could ship them at Seasofts expense.

I emailed Bruce about a week ago to find out when the final payment and call tags will be received and I have received nothing in response.

It is true that our customers have decided to keep their personal suits and that Bruce has extended them a lifetime warranty on them as he previously posted.

I have in fact as of the writing of this email received a test suit from Oceaner (labeled Seasoft) for me to dive and put through extreme testing. I have not yet had a chance to dive it... but will follow up once I do.

I want to thank Bruce for his apology and hope to continue doing business with him once this entire situation is settled.

It is my hope that this glue situation will be figured out and the suits given more attention by consumers. They are the most comfortable dry suit on the market.

Here's an update from the Indian Valley Scuba Dueling Drysuit Demo Tour - the Seasoft suits we are showing and diving look great and have received rave reviews from our test divers. I believe whatever issues may have been encountered in the past are behind everyone now, and we encourage divers to come and test dive the suits with us!

Again, I want to respond to the above post and Ken is right, we got the suits back and not knowing what was wrong, we used the same zipper panel to re-glue his 7 suits.

Now, I have not seen the suits yet, but here is what we know.

We have been using this zipper, the Ti Zip from Germany for about 5 years now and we have had zero problems with them. (There is no problem with our brass zipper suits.) They are actually fantastic for a dry suit. However, last July - November on a very limited amount of suits the glue was defective in some way or in the way it cured on these limited suits (we have not changed suppliers or glue formula) and the zipper did not completely bond to the zipper panel.

The first suits we received back, which was Off the Wall Scuba's above, we re-glued the suits thinking that this was all that was needed. We discovered pretty early on that the new glue was not bonding to the old glue left on the zipper panel or the zipper itself. So we started replacing all the zipper panels completely with new ones. Since that time we have not had any problems at all.

We have sent a new suit at our expense to Off the Wall Scuba for them to use and test to assure them that this problem has been eliminated and the old glue disposed of.

As far as we know, approximately 35 suits have been effected and we have them back, or in the case of Off the Wall Scuba, we are waiting for the return of the suits.

We are embarrassed and want you to know we take this seriously and have spend hundreds of hours examining all the things that could have gone wrong.

You can only imagine what it is like to make hundreds of suits with no problems and then have these few zipper panels, for no apparent reason, go bad.

If only one has any questions or you want your suit checked, email me directly at bruce@seasoftscuba.com

I want to publicly apologize to Ken Barrick of Off the Wall Scuba for our mess concerning his drysuits, we just did not have enough information at the time and were "positive" that we had fixed the problem. When the two retail customers who had purchased these suits from Ken were asked if they wanted to return them, they declined and decided to keep their suits. We are giving them a lifetime warranty on the zipper panel and the glue. I want to thank them for their trust in us also.
I purchased one of the seasoft commercial style suits a few months back after seeing them at a dive show. My first dive resulting in water entering the suit straight through the glued seams on the boots. The zipper also came apart. I only got one dive on the suit. I sent it back and i was told that the suit was completely redone and new boots added. To me, it looked like they simply painted over the seams on the boots with aqua seal. None the less, i dove the suit again and it leaked straight through the glued seam on the boot and now right through the leg! the suit also looked like it has been thrown around a little and was dirty. I am very disappointed with the quality and response from seasoft. In addition, I was visiting southern california at the time i bought the suit and met the rep i think it was paul or peter, i cannot recall. He was veyr rude and short with me and my buddy. We are professional US NAVY divers and deserve at least an ounce of diving respect but the rep treated us like we had never set one foot in the water - Bruce you gotta do something about your rep and the quality! I love my BC and kit bags - hate the suit.

As of today do you still use Seasoft Dry suits
Do you know if the problems have been resolved?

Here is what we know, we have resolved all issues with the glue that we are aware of. No new suits from 2011 have been returned for warranty issues with the zipper panels. It is sad that we make such great drysuits and that this zipper glue issue poisoned a great reputation among some customers. In the meantime we have been working, improving and making suits. We won a recent faceoff against the other major manufacturers last year.

Here is the link: http://ads.bonniercorp.com/scuba/PDF/ScoringChart.pdf

We have quietly worked our way back, just ask someone who has a SEASOFT Drysuit. By the way we are continuing to improve and make every drysuit better.

Bruce
SEASOFT SCUBA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom