Seasoft Dry Roller Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bongabonga

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Recently I browsed for roller diving bag, and found out Seasoft Product : Dry Roller bag.
Is the roller bag suitable as checked baggage? How much does it weight?
Is the roller bag discontinued?

Thanks,

Hi, thank you for your email. We were very proud of our SEASOFT Dry Roller. Unfortunately, we have discontinued this product. What we found is that we built a very robust traveling dry bag attached to a strong aluminum frame which we carefully chose for its strength and "beefiness". However, the airlines beat the daylights out of even this product eventually and because they refuse to accept responsibility for damage our customers were returning the product to us. We do not turn our customers away so we were accepting damaged Dry Rollers that obviously were damaged at no fault of ours. We had no choice but to discontinue this product. Makes me kind of puzzled sometimes to live in a world where the manufacturer is expected to fix a problem they never caused but that is our world - some parts amazing - some not so much. Maybe that is why I love diving? I apologize that I cannot help you.

Bruce
SEASOFT SCUBA

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your quick response, and I really appreciate your honesty.
I understand that your product have its limitation, and being handled carelessly by airlines is not one of them.
I believe it is customer responsibility to ensure the baggage is handled better; put plastic wrapping, put fragile sticker, etc.

At the moment I'm looking for roller duffel bag, to move the weight away from my back.
So yeah, maybe I will give your product a try and see if it fits my needs.

Another question is : what is the dimension of the roller bag?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom