SeaSoft BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With back inflation, a buoyant tank (near empty Aluminum 80, for example) and over inflation there might be a tendency for the rig to push the diver forward. One solution might be to use a tank weight.

Richard

Hi, this is Bruce from SEASOFT SCUBA. Thank you for your kind remarks and advice. We are constantly working on improving our products including our BCs.

We really wanted to add grommets to the SEASOFT TRAVLITE BC but because everyone's waist size is different, the grommets might work for you but not someone else. Maybe we will try putting in 6 or so in a row so you could find the right spot for you. OK, this is why I come here often. I will incorporate that idea into future models. Thanks.

Bruce

Here's some other feedback on the Trav Lite:

It's great. (It will flip you over if you use the weights in back and dive with a steel tank.)

I have used LP 120's with it, and aluminum 67's and 80's. Worked fine. I have not had a chance to try it with tiny tanks yet.

A question for the maker: how many sizes are there of the harness itself? I think the cummerbund comes in three sizes. Is this right?

I have the travlite and can't say enough good things about it.
I let students use it all the time and they LOVE it.
Travels well and extremely adjustable.

I've sold most of the SeaSoft product line and can personally attest, it is one of the highest quality lines I know. The boots are spectactular. The Weight Harness is the highest quality and the BCDs were designed with a lot of thought.

Lastly, Bruce stands by his product line 100%. He's very proud of it. In the off chance there is a problem, he is quick to react! You couldn't ask for more!

My two cents:

Best,

JcF

////

I dont own one but one of the instructors at one of the shops I used to use was a huge Seasoft Pro BCD fan. I dove it a few times and have to agree it is an amazing BC. Very comfortable in the water, stable on the surface. Plenty of attachment points. Very very adjustable. It is definantly a BC that you can feel good about buying a teenager that is growing and not have to worry about it fitting them next year.

When I was at Beneath the Sea in NJ last year, Seasoft had a demo of the Seasoft pro that they put on a guy that was over 6' had to be close to 300lbs. Fit him just fine. Took it off him and did some adjusting of the straps then put it on a kid that was 5' or so and could not have been 150lbs soaking wet. Fit him like it was made for him.

Huge advantage for a growing kids.

I own a Seasoft Sealion BC, I just want to say to Bruce and the Staff at Seasoft; Well Done ! I am a big guy and shopping around for a BC was a very big pain. I looked around for quite some time and could not find anything that I liked. A friend recommended to me your company and this BC. I instantly fell in love with it. I used it on my check out dives and it performed flawlessly. I agree it does tend to push you forward but that was solved by putting trim pockets on the tank straps. I just want to thank you for making a great product that is versitale enough for just about anyone to use. Thanks again Bruce and the Entire Seasoft Staff for making a great product !

Sincerly,

Kevin R Bruyn
New York

Here's some other feedback on the Trav Lite:

It's great. (It will flip you over if you use the weights in back and dive with a steel tank.)

I have used LP 120's with it, and aluminum 67's and 80's. Worked fine. I have not had a chance to try it with tiny tanks yet.

A question for the maker: how many sizes are there of the harness itself? I think the cummerbund comes in three sizes. Is this right?

Since I cannot edit this post, I will just restate myself more clearly.

This BC in no way pushes you forward. With the weight in back and the inflation in back you are very stable. Very nice BCD.

Back
Top Bottom