Seaskin Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I may order a Seaskin Nova drysuit and their Thinsulate 250 undergarment. I know many people have reported very high levels of satisfaction with the drysuit. I'm wondering about the undergarment. I just read a comment in another thread about the 150 undergarment being difficult to don and doff. Has anyone been using the 250, and what are your impressions. Thanks.

I have the 150 not the 250. It fits perfectly just like the drysuit. It is tricky to doff (donning is a piece of cake) until you learn the technique of how to get it off your shoulders. Basically you have to pull from the butt area the release the shoulders, then it’s fine. Or just ask a buddy to help.

Thanks. I guess it's somewhat dependent on body habitus also.

I don’t like thinsulate, to bulky for my taste, waterproof 3d over heavy wool and sometimes a waffle fleece top if it’s really cold.

I thought Thinsulate had less bulk than something like the Weezle. If the Weezle is also thinsulate, then yes, I find it too bulky.

I thought Thinsulate had less bulk than something like the Weezle. If the Weezle is also thinsulate, then yes, I find it too bulky.
It’s thinsulate and fleece, loft keeps you warm but you need enough lead to sinks that warmth.

I have the Seaskin 150 and 250.

I wore the 250 under my Nova (i.e. trilam) in Lake Erie last year. Water was around 43. I was so warm, I wore the 150 the next day. I was a little chilly then, by the ends of the dives. But, the less bulk was worth it. I have not worn the 250 since. I also have the Seaskin 150 shorty undergarment that is meant to be worn over one of the others. I have never worn that in the water.

I usually do end up asking someone to help me get it off my shoulders when removing it. Same as with the couple of front zip 1.5mm wetsuits I have.

Now, I have a heated shirt to wear underneath whatever else I'm wearing. I doubt I'll ever wear the 150 shorty or the 250 ever again.

Oh, and with the 150 under my trilam or neoprene drysuit, and double steel tanks, and a stainless steel back plate, I don't need any lead (in fresh water).

stuartv - thanks for the feedback. Just yesterday I ordered my Seaskin Nova and included the 250 and shorty with it. Glad to get the confirmation that it will be a worthy purchase. I used a friends drysuit with a Weezle Extreme + in 43 degree water and was fine. I had 16 lbs on my rig, which is a single steel 100 and steel back plate. The borrowed drysuit was large on my, so with the 250 undergarment and a properly fitting suit, I imagine I'll be able to shed a reasonable amount of lead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom