Seaskin Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided to get the 250gsm undersuit for my Nova in the end. Also added the Tech Base top & pants, as well as some other goodies, including the SiTech Glove Lock system. I figured I can cover medium temps with some Polartec fleece over the Tech Base or some other base layer (water was 51-53 ºF here last weekend and I was comfy) The 250 should be good for winter diving around here. I'm shipping to UK and hoping pick the stuff up when vising family and friends in Europe over Christmas/NYE to avoid extra shipping and customs fees on clothing. 🤞

I decided to get the 250gsm undersuit for my Nova in the end. Also added the Tech Base top & pants, as well as some other goodies, including the SiTech Glove Lock system. I figured I can cover medium temps with some Polartec fleece over the Tech Base or some other base layer (water was 51-53 ºF here last weekend and I was comfy) The 250 should be good for winter diving around here. I'm shipping to UK and hoping pick the stuff up when vising family and friends in Europe over Christmas/NYE to avoid extra shipping and customs fees on clothing. 🤞
But, you’ll pay VAT having it delivered in the UK. That will likely be way more than shipping and Customs.

But, you’ll pay VAT having it delivered in the UK. That will likely be way more than shipping and Customs.
Don't think so. Just the shipping quote to the States was in the ballpark of the VAT on my order 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Just to confirm, the VAT is marginally less than their shipping costs.

Aren't you paying VAT in USA on imports on top of import tax?
I've only ordered small stuff, never a suit, but undergarments, parts, etc. Never paid VAT in the states. I don't think I've ever paid anything over shipping, which is usually pretty cheap.

I've only ordered small stuff, never a suit, but undergarments, parts, etc. Never paid VAT in the states. I don't think I've ever paid anything over shipping, which is usually pretty cheap.
If you're under import limit, which I believe is 800 in USA, that's it. Same here. But if you are over that limit and need to do import procedure, than VAT will be collected here.
I thought it's the same in USA?

Which sitech rings / gloves did you go with exactly?

Which sitech rings / gloves did you go with exactly?
I ordered the QCP (round) Glove Lock system, as I already had the suit fitted with QCP rings when I first got it 2 years ago (it's been sitting in a closet until last month). If I was having the suit made today, based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I'd probably go for QCS rings, since a) they seems more versatile, and b) they work with Rolock 90, in particular. I ordered some Showa gloves and the cheap red liners to start with.

If you're under import limit, which I believe is 800 in USA, that's it. Same here. But if you are over that limit and need to do import procedure, than VAT will be collected here.
I thought it's the same in USA?
I do not think we pay VAT. I have only read of people getting hit with a customs tax depending how it's declared.

But I've never ordered larger stuff, never $800+.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom