Seaskin trilam drysuit purchase simulation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ciao @Sbiriguda ,
could you share with us your experience with seaskin drysuit?
are you happy with it?
any suggestion on setup?
Any delay after the order?
any mistake on assembly?
what do you like and don't?
did you pay duties and Vat?

feel free :wink:
we have an extremely long thread on this, that you can read to your heart's content:

we have an extremely long thread on this, that you can read to your heart's content:

Thank you, but i was interested on @Sbiriguda experience since i followed this 3d.

Hi elZub
Yes I am happy with it. Honestly I had only a few dives with it until now, because for several reasons I could dive only a little recently. Anyway, the product is good, sturdy and well manufactured, also based on the opinion of more experienced divers who saw it. As for the setup, I am happy with the one I chose after asking advice here, but that depends a lot on your own requirements. There was no delay in the delivery, still as you probably already know it takes some months to get it delivered. There was only one issue with the drysuit: they didn't install the pee valve. Eventually I decided not to install it myself and to do without it since I don't do technical diving and I don't really need it right now. I like everything of my drysuit, I really can't complain. I did not pay the custom duties and VAT but I don't know if that is still applicable or if it was some kind of transition period when I bought it. If you feel that you will really exploit a drysuit because you live in a cold weather area or you do much winter or lake diving, I strongly recommend it.

Hi elZub
Yes I am happy with it. Honestly I had only a few dives with it until now, because for several reasons I could dive only a little recently. Anyway, the product is good, sturdy and well manufactured, also based on the opinion of more experienced divers who saw it. As for the setup, I am happy with the one I chose after asking advice here, but that depends a lot on your own requirements. There was no delay in the delivery, still as you probably already know it takes some months to get it delivered. There was only one issue with the drysuit: they didn't install the pee valve. Eventually I decided not to install it myself and to do without it since I don't do technical diving and I don't really need it right now. I like everything of my drysuit, I really can't complain. I did not pay the custom duties and VAT but I don't know if that is still applicable or if it was some kind of transition period when I bought it. If you feel that you will really exploit a drysuit because you live in a cold weather area or you do much winter or lake diving, I strongly recommend it.
Wait, you ordered P-valve and they just put it in the box?

No they forgot to include the p-valve in the drysuit even if i ordered It. They reduced the price accordingly and made a refund when i contacted them. They also asked me if i wanted the p-valve delivered separately and then install It myself, but i decided i dont really Need It now and i kept the drysuit without p-valve

Ciao @Sbiriguda

about your set up..

Pocket for Nova Large Zipped1 Pkt Z1: Right thigh forward facing
Do you like the Zipped Pocket? what about the Forward facing?

PERFORMANCE BASE LAYER TOP BLACK L
LBASE LAYER SHORTS (NEW STYLE) BLACK L
Base layer does it give something special advatage to compare to a mountain or any sport base layer?
Nova-Option-Quick-Neck-system-with-Silflex-sea
Dry-Suit-Option---Warm-Neck-Standard-Velcro
How is the combo.. quick neck with warm neck?
any issue wearing equipment outside water with the ring pushing on your bones?

1) Yes I like the zipped pockets and would recommend them. Eventually I didn't get them face forward but on the sides, which is a more common setup, following the advice I received here
2) I like the base layer, but honestly I am not sure it is better than other sport base layers, I would say other similar products could do the job
3) the combo quick neck with warm neck for me is good and I didn't experience the problem you say

1) Yes I like the zipped pockets and would recommend them. Eventually I didn't get them face forward but on the sides, which is a more common setup, following the advice I received here
2) I like the base layer, but honestly I am not sure it is better than other sport base layers, I would say other similar products could do the job
3) the combo quick neck with warm neck for me is good and I didn't experience the problem you say

I agree that other sport base layers are just as good as the Seaskin Tech Base layer.

Here in the U.S., the advantage of the Seaskin Tech Base is that it is quite a bit less expensive than the comparable sport base layers (e.g. Under Armour Cold Gear).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom