Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He uses plastic, his suit also has a lot of extra room, my back zip Seaskin is hard to zip for my buddy, impossible for me.
Yes, they seem impossible to zip but really, with a bit of time and plenty.of waxing plus a correct pulling, it is doable to do it yourself.

Yes, they seem impossible to zip but really, with a bit of time and plenty.of waxing plus a correct pulling, it is doable to do it yourself.
Not mine, believe me I’ve tried and tried, maybe if there were a few more inches in the neoprene.

Not mine, believe me I’ve tried and tried, maybe if there were a few more inches in the neoprene.
at least, you got a chance to start a conversation:)

Hey all!

I wanted to circle back on my impression of my Seaskin after getting the boots replaced. The new boots are basically just a neoprene sock with a hard sole. This simple change completely changed the buoyancy characteristics of the suit - I went from struggling to maintain proper trim, even with weights in the pockets, to easily maintaining good trim. I am using heavy fins, so your mileage may vary.

So far, I have two full dives in the suit. The quality seems really solid, and I can for sure tell that it was made to my measurements. I've gained a inch and a half in the waist since the start of COVID-19...and I can definitely tell, it is a touch tight there. All other measurements are spot on, and nothing leaks!

One thing that surprised me is how quick the suit drys out. I tossed it in the trunk driving back from Monterey this morning, and it was almost completely dry a hour and a half later when I arrived home! For comparison, the White's is almost unchanged in wet-ness.

Dispatched today: almost one month ahead of schedule.

Very excited to read this. My buddy ordered a Nova, with a nearly identical dispatch date. Hopefully, he is as lucky as you. Congrats!

DW

Very excited to read this. My buddy ordered a Nova, with a nearly identical dispatch date. Hopefully, he is as lucky as you. Congrats!

DW

Could you post here if his dispatches similarly early? Mine is scheduled for early October and I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a one-off.

So, my drysuit has been stuck in a FedEx clearance delay for almost two weeks now. This is mainly due to the first agent not processing it, but now that we have gotten a manager involved and have a new agent, the only thing currently holding it up is they want to know who manufactured is for the extra bottle of talc powder that I ordered. The guy at Seaskin with whom we have been communicating is currently on vacation and FedEx is threatening to send the whole order back to the UK. I've looked on the website and it doesn't say who manufactured the talc, but there is a bunch of writing on the bottle in the picture that I can't read due to the image quality. Can anyone who has gotten a suit from Seaskin tell me if the bottle of talc that came with their suit state who the manufacturer is and if so who is it? At this point I wish FedEx would just throw the talc in the trash and give me my suit.....

This is what both of mine look like. No other markings.

I would assert that Seaskin is the manufacturer.

2020-08-27 14.38.08.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I would agree that based upon that, the manufacturer is Sea Skin. Hopefully FedEx will agree since they are threatening to send the whole package back tomorrow if they don't get an answer.....I can't believe that this stupid little bottle that I just threw in the cart as a "might as well" is F-ing this whole thing up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom