Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m not sure what you mean regarding Seaskin standard seals but the sitech seals are a particular design, you can find them with other name brands on them but buy a few spares when you buy the suit, it’s unlikely you will find them at a better price anyplace else.

the standard seal for their suits are glued on latex or neoprene (depending on the suit) there are size options on the sitech and material like silicone or latex etc.

The standard seals I'm referring to can be found under the "Drysuit Seals and Spare Parts" section of the website. I am definitely planning to get spare seals, but like you said, the SITECH seals seem to be a specific design and I can't find those particular seals on the seaskin website.

The standard seals I'm referring to can be found under the "Drysuit Seals and Spare Parts" section of the website. I am definitely planning to get spare seals, but like you said, the SITECH seals seem to be a specific design and I can't find those particular seals on the seaskin website.

The SiTech seal spares are under "Drysuit Accessories -> SITech Dry Glove Quick Cuff system"

SiTech Cuff seal SILFLEX Cone (pair) - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

Thank you very much! I am having some trouble navigating through the site to find everything I want. Do you know if Seaskin sells latex seals that fit the QCS Oval system?
They do, I can be difficult finding thing on their site but every option seal they offer is there someplace. They are a specific design but you can find the same seals under many different brand names, they are pretty universal, the only other quick change seals that come to mind are DUI zip seals.

Thank you very much! I am having some trouble navigating through the site to find everything I want. Do you know if Seaskin sells latex seals that fit the QCS Oval system?

You probably CAN get latex seals to use with QCS, but why would you? The silicone wrist seals are SO much more comfortable!

You probably CAN get latex seals to use with QCS, but why would you? The silicone wrist seals are SO much more comfortable!

I hear you, but I'm still nervous about silicone being much more prone to tearing

I hear you, but I'm still nervous about silicone being much more prone to tearing

Lube them up up well, keep sharp, long fingernails and jewelry away from them, and take your time, and you won’t have issues. The only time I’ve broke a silicone seal was when I was in a rush taking my suit off.

Stuart do these shoes have "hard" (stiff) soles or are they soft like a sock? These look like great boots for my fins, but I use spring straps and need a stiff sole so that my toes do not get mushed against the fin.

i use rock boots over the socks and have fins with big enough opening to fit the rock boots. allows tightening the boots to minimize any air in feet. and i have size 12 feet. also i love my seaskin drysuit. (in my avatar)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom