Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone gotten the black and yellow one? Is it black body, yellow sleeves... Or black sleeves yellow body?

I tried emailing them to ask, but have yet to get a response :(
I find that their email response is not good at all, but I've called a few times with questions and they are very helpful on the phone.

With the warmer weather I’ve noticed the condensation is quite a bit more, almost wet.
I’m using Seaskin’s Thinsulate with a base layer. The nylon shell is wet and condensation/perspiration is noticeable on the inside as well.
I received the suit late fall and had only done cold weather diving without any issue.
Anyone else experiencing this

With the warmer weather I’ve noticed the condensation is quite a bit more, almost wet.
I’m using Seaskin’s Thinsulate with a base layer. The nylon shell is wet and condensation/perspiration is noticeable on the inside as well.
I received the suit late fall and had only done cold weather diving without any issue.
It’s the nature of wrapping yourself in a plastic bag in warmer conditions.

Is it in any area in particular? Do you feel wet at all? There could be some pinhole or something similar.

Is it in any area in particular? Do you feel wet at all? There could be some pinhole or something similar.
Entire suit
30 degrees Celsius air temp
Water between 6 and 10

I would think it's all sweat/condensation at those temps. I was in a lake recently with a water temp of about 16 celcius, and in the Seaskin 250gm thinsulate undergarment. When I doffed my suit, the undergarment was wet from top to bottom. My next move is to use the 150gm shorty.

Hey everyone! I've read through every single page of this thread and it has convinced me to buy myself a seaskin drysuit. I've already decided on getting the SITECH quickneck and QCS oval systems. Does anyone know if the seaskin standard seals are compatible with these systems or are there specific SITECH seals I should look for? Thanks!

Hey everyone! I've read through every single page of this thread and it has convinced me to buy myself a seaskin drysuit. I've already decided on getting the SITECH quickneck and QCS oval systems. Does anyone know if the seaskin standard seals are compatible with these systems or are there specific SITECH seals I should look for? Thanks!
I’m not sure what you mean regarding Seaskin standard seals but the sitech seals are a particular design, you can find them with other name brands on them but buy a few spares when you buy the suit, it’s unlikely you will find them at a better price anyplace else.

the standard seal for their suits are glued on latex or neoprene (depending on the suit) there are size options on the sitech and material like silicone or latex etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom