Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ursuit Tech boots differ from those that are on Seaskin pics.
But Santi boots look similar...
Can anyone speak to the actual tech boots they install as far as fit is concerned? Specifically, if I wear a size 9 hiking boot, are they big enough to get a size 9 and have room for socks? In other words to they add room to account for undergarments and still wear your regular shoe size? As important, I wear EE width boots, can anyone speak to the width of these? Thanks, Rob.

Can anyone speak to the actual tech boots they install as far as fit is concerned? Specifically, if I wear a size 9 hiking boot, are they big enough to get a size 9 and have room for socks? In other words to they add room to account for undergarments and still wear your regular shoe size? As important, I wear EE width boots, can anyone speak to the width of these? Thanks, Rob.

All I can say is that you don't tell them what size boot you want. You tell them what your normal shoe size is. They then choose the boot size that will work for you.

I got one of my suits with attached boots and the sizing is perfect for me. But, I have narrow feet, not really wide. I can't say how they would work for you.

I have been sadly remiss in updating, but here is my update. My drysuit was shipped December 21st and went to France and then Germany before being shuttled back and forth between 2 German cities every day for a week for some reason, then was flown to the US and was at my house the next morning, December 29th, which was one month earlier than originally quoted.

Everything I ordered was in the box, except that Seaskin sent the wrong size Kubi rings on the gloves. The suitside rings were correct. I have been in contact with Seaskin and am told that they will ship me the correct glove system. I sent the too-small rings back. The quality seems good, everything feels quite robust. The fit is good for my body but it also feels more baggy than I expected. I presume this is my lack of drysuit experience showing, but I have no way of knowing. In any case I am certain that it will accommodate any amount of undergarments I could ever wear and let me reach my valves.

I have not gotten it in the water yet, as I want to start in the pool to run through the various drysuit safety drills and I have not had access yet due to Covid restrictions. My cold water neoprene boots unfortunately proved too small to fit over the drysuit socks (as expected), so I ordered Altama Maritime Boots after spending some time reading through various opinions on the best rock boot options. Once I get them and almost inevitably have to buy new fins and get in the water I will make a more detailed report, though as I don't have experience with other drysuits to serve as a basis for comparison the value of that report will be minor.

Finally, I received the import bill from Fedex today for $95, which is not bad. For @Marie13 the undersuit was classified as HTS61033300, and the drysuit was HTS40159091.

All I can say is that you don't tell them what size boot you want. You tell them what your normal shoe size is. They then choose the boot size that will work for you.
You choose from 42/43 or 43/44, etc... and get exactly what you chose.
I wear EU43 (10US) and chose 43/44 - standard boots I got are marked 43/44 either. And they run one size or at least half size smaller, as with just ordinary thick socks (not diving ones) boots are rather tight.

ross9, any chance your dry suit has been dispatched yet? Hoping the trend of being a month ahead of schedule as below is holding up.

Nothing as yet

You choose from 42/43 or 43/44, etc... and get exactly what you chose.
I wear EU43 (10US) and chose 43/44 - standard boots I got are marked 43/44 either. And they run one size or at least half size smaller, as with just ordinary thick socks (not diving ones) boots are rather tight.

I didn't. IIRC, I chose 43/44 on the online form and my boots are marked 45 on the bottom. Mine fit well with the 150gsm Seaskin socks over thin Merino wool socks.

Got an email from FedEx that my suit is shipping today! The original delivery date was 2/19 so this will be a bit earlier. It doesn’t say anything about how much extra I have to pay for import taxes, hopefully it won’t be too bad as I didn’t get the undergarments, just the suit.

Got my suit earlier than expected, my completion date originally was Feb 19th so its about 4 weeks early. I did not get any undergarments as I will continue to use my 4th Element Artics. There was no extra duty or tariff costs so that was a pleasant surprise.

First test fit of the suit with my undergarments on. Initial impressions is that it fits pretty well. The boots are the right size (same size I have on the 4E so it should be good) and have a good tread on them. I like the wider shoulder straps and the little pocket that fits on them. The crotch strap has fabric stops so no fishing for the snap between your legs! Plus the elastic used seems stiffer than the 4E, maybe it won’t slide on the snap as easily. The lower legs fit well, the upper part of the legs is a bit baggy but shouldn’t be an issue. I didn’t get the telescoping torso but I didn’t have any issues getting into or out of the suit. Kevlar knee pads almost feel padded. Warm neck collar is easy to use also. I got the reflective stripes and my name/flag embroidered on the suit and bag, I requested no logos. The Kubi rings are the right size but the gloves they sent are a bit small, will change them out for the 720’s. Have to replace the silicone neck seal with a neoprene seal, cut off some of the excess elastic on the crotch strap and suspenders. Also need to replace the inflator with the electric power inflator for my heated undergarments. Feels good and I have good flexibility, was able to touch my toes, raise my arms, reach the dump valve without any problems. Now I just need to get it in the water for a leak test!
FF4B01A4-D078-433C-8A5C-3CBBA6E2F9FD.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom