Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4 out of 5 Nova pockets have velcro)))
Can say for Expedition ones - they have additional compartment inside, and one compartment with zipper on the outside. One small loop and two big loops of a shock cord bungee from each side of the pocket are inside and two middle loops of the shock cord bungee are in the zippered compartment.

I haven’t took the plunge today as I ordered a MTM seaskin undergarment and a set of base layer!
Finally excited to have something that fits nicely.
once my drysuit dies, a Nova will be on my list for sure.

Dispatch date of 29 Jan. Way faster than I anticipated! Perhaps there will be some diving in Feb in our 2C water :)

JBFG, what was your original dispatch date? Curious as to how much faster they are coming out now. The date I was given was Feb 19, 2021, be nice if it moves up!

when did you order? Ordered mine on December 23 and still haven’t been given an eta
31 December but remember that I’m just getting the MTM 250gm undergarments.

I ordered my suit around Nov. 23rd and got a new dispatch date of Feb 19 on Dec 9th. If you ordered on the last day of December with a dispatch date of of Jan 29th, that implies they are getting suits out quicker assuming they work them in order of the date the request is received. I wonder if mine might be showing up sooner then???

I ordered my suit around Nov. 23rd and got a new dispatch date of Feb 19 on Dec 9th. If you ordered on the last day of December with a dispatch date of of Jan 29th, that implies they are getting suits out quicker assuming they work them in order of the date the request is received. I wonder if mine might be showing up sooner then???

as previously mentioned I’m NOT getting a dry suit, just the undergarments. These take a less longer to produce which would explain my quick dispatch date

5th February. So ~11 weeks from order - which seems pretty good considering they likely shutdown for a week or two over Christmas.

ross9, any chance your dry suit has been dispatched yet? Hoping the trend of being a month ahead of schedule as below is holding up.

This arrived today! Actually was due to arrive last Tuesday but I was out so had FedEx hold it until today. That's a full month ahead of my original ship date of 15th Jan.

Initial (dry) impressions: both the suit and the undersuit fit like a dream. I have the 250g/sm undersuit and I couldn't fit much more under the Nova. Workmanship looks great. It'll take a while to get used to a front zip and the neck ring compared to my old suit.

I can't wait to get it in the water, but unfortunately I will have to. COVID travel restrictions prevent me from getting to local sites even. And I need to buy rock boots and maybe new fins...

I got my shipping notice that my drysuit will be on its way a full month ahead of schedule. I don't know if Brexit would impact shipping from the UK to the US, but all in all I am delighted not to have to find out. Will update when it arrives.

As for the tech boots (I have not followed this in a few weeks) I have some on a Ursuit. As someone else mentioned, believe to be the same as Seaskin.

My typical shoe is a 9½ US mens. I get a 43 tech boot. Boy was it roomy. I was doing double thick wool socks to try and fill the void. Worked, was way closer than some oversized first suit stuff. Well that Ursuit was made of the delaminate prone BDS material. Got a "sorry about that, out of warranty, but here is a smoking deal to replace it" suit. I stepped down to a 42 boot. Single thick wool sock, perfect! 9½ mens US street shoe = size 42 tech boot with room for good socks.

I started with a 43 because the size charts look like that and I have 43 motorcycle boots that fit pretty good. I would do tech boots in 42 again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom