Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've sent them 3 emails in 3 weeks time asking a few questions. Haven't gotten a single email reply. I realize the whole COVID thing and holidays, but not replying to any 1 of 3 emails in 3 weeks times is not impressive. I think I'm moving on...

I've sent them 3 emails in 3 weeks time asking a few questions. Haven't gotten a single email reply. I realize the whole COVID thing and holidays, but not replying to any 1 of 3 emails in 3 weeks times is not impressive. I think I'm moving on...
I had a similar, not quite as bad situation. Their email response time (if it happens at all) is awful but I'm really happy with my suit. I'm in CA and knew I wasn't going to be sending a suit back to them so the customer service was less important to me than it might be to others who are closer. The price difference and generally positive (accurate) reviews here made it worthwhile to order from them. I think one of the reasons the 85 pages of this thread exist is because it's so difficult to get answers directly from the company.

I’d call them. I spoke directly to the owner for half an hour and he answered all my questions

Have realised, that dry zipper replacement is not user friendly on Nova with Main Body Dry Zip Cover option.
Zipper is stitched to the drysuit along with the dryzip cover, thus upon proper zipper replacement this cover should be cut from the suit off and then stitched back...
So not even any drysuit repair will take Nova for dry zipper replacement...

Have realised, that dry zipper replacement is not user friendly on Nova with Main Body Dry Zip Cover option.
Zipper is stitched to the drysuit along with the dryzip cover, thus upon proper zipper replacement this cover should be cut from the suit off and then stitched back...
So not even any drysuit repair will take Nova for dry zipper replacement...
I had my Nova zipper replaced a few years ago, no complaint from DRIS about the cover. I had the brass removed and a Ti-zip installed, been working perfectly.

DRIS repairs 1.5K+ drysuits per year...
But not everyone is based in the US and/or want to pay $200 for zipper replacement labor.
I (for example) prefer to repair my drysuits by myself.

BTW Tizip by itself is under $50.

DRIS repairs 1.5K+ drysuits per year...
But not everyone is based in the US and/or want to pay $200 for zipper replacement labor.
I (for example) prefer to repair my drysuits by myself.

BTW Tizip by itself is under $50.
I do almost all repairs myself but some things don’t need to be done often enough to bother with, this is one of them, the Ti-zip in the length I needed was just over $100 everyplace I looked, so even though I could get most of a new suit for the cost of the zipper it was still worth it to me to not have to hassle doing it myself. So anyway there are people who will do this replacement for no extra charge, at least on this side of the planet, over there Seaskin will do it for a pretty reasonable price.

Question on the Nova velcro pocket option. Is it one big pocket? Or does it have any compartments? Also, are there attachment points inside?

Back
Top Bottom