Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm chasing leaks on my current suit. Looking at options if it can't be fixed. I have been looking at the Seaskins. Looking at the option list I was checking most of them off, to the point of doubling the price of the suit. But it gets me what I am looking for. So there is a question, are there any options I should NOT look at?

Really tempted to just get a new custom fit seaskin drysuit vs sending in my leaky 10+ yr old Bare suit I bought used to get the zipper replaced for $300+. Damn... wish I knew about this before I bought it. .

An update: I decided I wanted the Seaskin 150-gr undersuit. I got the 250-gr as part of my original order. It is great, but I think it is too warm for intermediate water temps. (And the 150-gr was only USD$130 + shipping! What a bargain!)

I ordered the 150-gr and specified to make it using the measurements from my first order. I ordered it on December 9 and it arrived today. It fits just as perfectly as the original gear. I am looking forward to using it! I'm doing a Meg tooth dive weekend out of Wilmington in 3 weeks or so and I think this will be just right for the expected water temps (55 - 60F range).

@stuartv, are you still using the 150g undergarment and base layers for your 55-60F dives?
I'm getting ready to order a Seaskin and don't know which undergarment to get for my 45-60 minute dives in 50F water. My 7mm semidry had been doing the trick until the temps dropped below 54.
I'm interested in what garment works best for folk.

Ask them to mark it as a sports diving made from all man made materials, and make absolutely sure that they don’t ship FedEx or ups ask for regular post.

They refused to do that for us. We paid 180$ in customs fees.

I just ordered a suit from them (due to ship out in September). They only offer FedEx now. I'm nervously awaiting to find out what the customs bill will be and I'll certainly post it here and a review of the suit.

@RayfromTX was the $180 for 2 drysuits?

fedex, one suit

Back
Top Bottom