Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@laikabear is right. I am very cold tolerant, I think. Ample bioprene works to my advantage in cold water...

I am cold tolerant too. When I go to the lakes in autumn (or "fall" as you would say) I use a 5+5 two pieces Cressi wetsuit with no undergarment. I usually stay at -15 o -20 meters from the surface, not more. But this makes me think that the 250 gr Seaskin garment could be enough for me, and there is no need of buying a 400 gr or a 490 gr Subgear that some people use. Buying a 400 gr or similar could make sense for particularly long or deep lake dives in full winter, but it seems anyway that the 250 gr Seaskin could be used many times and even more often so it's a good purchase for me. Thanks to you all for your suggestions

I got confirmation that my Nova is being shipped. Originally was supposed to ship Nov. 27, early is great!
Anyone know how long it typically takes to get to Canada, I realize customs is the determining factor for doorstep...

FedEx is generally pretty quick in Canada. I’d say a week perhaps?

I realize customs is the determining factor for doorstep...

By the way, how much is the % of custom duties they apply to a non-EU country like Canada? Soon that could be the same conditions they would apply to EU countries when the UK itself will become non-EU

With curfew from 1pm on weekends starting next Saturday, I guess I will have to prepare my drysuit for long-term storage.
What do you guys think? Hanging (by shoulders) or bag?

With curfew from 1pm on weekends starting next Saturday, I guess I will have to prepare my drysuit for long-term storage.
What do you guys think? Hanging (by shoulders) or bag?
Dive during the week. I hang my suits if I don’t expect to need them for a while.

Unfortunately, during the week I need to generate funds to keep diving and there is no diving nearby from November to April.
Well, before all that i was in the same boat, but, after the post covid crysis, just after making an apartment mortgage, meanwhile having a baby (Blessing, not complaining about the last item), aand the other sugeon who works with me having an injury, i can really really understand you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom