Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi there,

in your seaskin how is having reflective tape or bands during flash photography?
do you think it makes issue on pics result?

as subject to be shoot.

I never had reflective on wetsuit...I do sometimes video and pics (actioncam at the moment)
I have friends into dive photography.. they told me to get without any reflective.

only reason to get for me could be a sort of safety aid. to have tape around my suit.

hi there,

in your seaskin how is having reflective tape or bands during flash photography?

It hasn't been an issue for me at all. At least I have never noticed any effects from reflective tape or other objects I am wearing while taking pics u/w.

as subject to be shoot.

I never had reflective on wetsuit...I do sometimes video and pics (actioncam at the moment)
I have friends into dive photography.. they told me to get without any reflective.

only reason to get for me could be a sort of safety aid. to have tape around my suit.
If your friend doesn’t like it in pics it matters to him/her but I haven’t noticed any issue unless very close, no one takes my picture often but here are a few from the past
big flat reflective patch on hood glows a bit
E028E648-6A22-4A83-ACAB-CB0B81276DDF.jpeg

on arms not so much
FF978C11-B7E8-4BC6-94B9-596695215B6F.jpeg
9C03CFB1-F1F0-42A3-AF63-2C82D6ADED64.jpeg
13820248-0E1A-4529-BCA1-213BDD476200.jpeg

hi there,

Are you talking about taking pictures of a person who has refelective tape on their suit or are you talking about you are taking pictures of other subjects and you are wearing a suit with reflective tape and worried about reflection from your suit onto the subject?

I read reflective tape could cause issues with being photographed and left the tape off my suit. I can confirm that I have not had any problem with reflective tape!

Obviously it is only potentially an issue if you're the model, not the photographer. Unless you really want reflective tape on your suit, I don't see why you would get it with the tape if you or your buddies do flash photography. Ample downside with little upside to my mind. But YMMV.

I had them leave the reflective stripes off of my suit, so that I could be a good model for photography, when I have the chance.

I think reflective material is a huge problem for LAND photography, when it involves flashguns.

In the water, I think reflective material is a much smaller problem. Most of the time, it causes no problem. But, I think there are some shooting situations underwater where it could be a problem.

My thought is if you are going to be doing a lot of actual modeling, you would not want the reflective. If you are just looking for candid photos taken during a dive, my suspicion is that having the reflective stripes would very rarely cause a problem in a photo. As evidenced by the photos of @lexvil, above.

I could be a good model for photography, when I have the chance.

You are serious about this part?

You are serious about this part?

Yes. I don't get many photos of myself underwater. If the occasion arises that I'm in with another photographer and they decide to take some photos with me in them, I want them to turn out as good as possible. So, I had my suit made with no reflective stripes for that reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom