Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey! I dug this one from the wayback, but am curious about your thoughts on the allowance for thick undergarmets. I also ended up going that route, but am a little worried about being a balloon when I'm diving the 250 undersuit. Diving Minnesota - a lot of the water is sub 50 degrees and down to mid 30s F.

It doesn't matter how big and loose the suit is. It won't be a balloon unless you put enough air into it to make it a balloon.

If you run it like @eweingarden said and just put in enough gas to let your undies fully loft, and then use your wing for any additional buoyancy that you need in order to get neutral, it should be totally fine.

It doesn't matter how big and loose the suit is. It won't be a balloon unless you put enough air into it to make it a balloon.

If you run it like @eweingarden said and just put in enough gas to let your undies fully loft, and then use your wing for any additional buoyancy that you need in order to get neutral, it should be totally fine.

Right on. Good point.

Weird! Have you reached out to them? Did you get the initial "order received" e-mail?

@edoralive I called them this morning and they processed my order. My expected shipping date is September 10. Makes sense I guess given that my order placed on July 19. So that's good news.

@JBFG so your actual dispatch date was about two weeks beyond the estimate? My estimate was 23 July, and I'm already checking my email compulsively :confused:

@JBFG so your actual dispatch date was about two weeks beyond the estimate? My estimate was 23 July, and I'm already checking my email compulsively :confused:
Yes it was 2 weeks late but I was told it’s because the sitech valves were back order. I would call and ask them what’s happening.

i've done dives in base layer and thick undergarment in the same drysuit. You have to inflate it to turn it into a balloon. In fact, I don't understand all the people that like the cave cut suits for moderate to cold water diving. I'd rather have a more loose fit to allow for easier donning while on a rocking boat, for example. Or thicker undies if diving somewhere colder than usual. Don't worry.

i've done dives in base layer and thick undergarment in the same drysuit. You have to inflate it to turn it into a balloon. In fact, I don't understand all the people that like the cave cut suits for moderate to cold water diving. I'd rather have a more loose fit to allow for easier donning while on a rocking boat, for example. Or thicker undies if diving somewhere colder than usual. Don't worry.
Appreciate it. Living in Minnesota, I'm sure I'll be rocking the thick suits a lot!

Just had an email from Onur, they are currently running 2 weeks behind as a couple of their techs have had to self isolate. So hopefully my suit is going out on the 9th. Surprisingly fast response considering what I've read about their email comms.

Just had an email from Onur, they are currently running 2 weeks behind as a couple of their techs have had to self isolate. So hopefully my suit is going out on the 9th. Surprisingly fast response considering what I've read about their email comms.

Email comms have been within the normal threshold that I've experienced.

But their phone response are very positive. Helpful, patient and understanding.

He did tell me that they are trying to catch up and will try to make our original date, although no promises.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom