Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my order confirmation this morning. Proposed dispatch date is 08/27/21 which is much sooner than I expected!
I ended up only ordering one set of the base layer because they didn't have my size in the bottoms. I ordered the next size up just to try, but I didn't want to end up with two sets if it doesn't fit.

Just got my order confirmation this morning. Proposed dispatch date is 08/27/21 which is much sooner than I expected!
I ended up only ordering one set of the base layer because they didn't have my size in the bottoms. I ordered the next size up just to try, but I didn't want to end up with two sets if it doesn't fit.

@Prisca Lim when did you place your order?

I did mine on Sunday and it would be great if they would ship on 8/27 as well.

@stuartv I'm looking into getting a Seaskin drysuit, which will be my first drysuit so I'm very new to all this. Why did you prefer the Kubi wrist system over the cheaper SiTech one?

Well, it looks like I'm too late to be useful. LOL!

@Prisca Lim when did you place your order?

I did mine on Sunday and it would be great if they would ship on 8/27 as well.

I bought my first set of Kubi gloves and rings for my Bare XCS2 suit several years ago. At the time, some of the other good options that are available now were not available then. Since I already had the Kubi gloves, when I ordered my first Seaskin it was kind of a no-brainer to me to get Kubi rings on the suit, so I could use the gloves/rings that I already had.

I do still think Kubi are the best dry glove ring system. But, I think there are other options that are very nearly as good now, for a lot less money. If I were buying new today, I may or may not get Kubi again. The system that is plastic, but flexible is pretty appealing. I can't remember the name of that one off the top of my head. But, the idea of being able to squeeze a dry glove-clad hand into a space where the Kubi ring would not fit, but a flexible plastic ring would seems like it could possibly be handy.

However, the point is moot for me, at the moment. I have the Kubis and they have been flawless for me. No reason to change.

For the forum searchers like me, I placed my order for a Nova suit and undergarment on July 25 and on July 28 received a note that the planned ship date is September 17. Perhaps the undergarment set it back a bit.

Total cost: $1425 US, including the undergarment and about $100 for shipping.
  • Nova
  • Fully telescoping torso
  • Extra thick undersuit allowance
  • Plastic zip
  • Light monkey p-valve
  • Quick neck
  • Kubi dry cuff
  • DIR exhaust
  • Neoprene socks
  • 40mm braces
  • Name badge
  • No reflective tape
  • 2 bellows
  • Computer straps
  • 250 undegarment

I thought I’d post my order.
Nova in black with socks, no logo or reflective material
Plastic zipper with cover. P-valve. Added Si-tech valves and moved dump to dir position. Si-tech oval cuff rings. Quick neck. Simple warm neck, inflation patch, crotch reinforcement, suspenders, allowance for thick garments, telescopic torso, large zippered pockets.
250 under suit, shorty and socks.
Ordered September 8, shipping November 27.

Hey! I dug this one from the wayback, but am curious about your thoughts on the allowance for thick undergarmets. I also ended up going that route, but am a little worried about being a balloon when I'm diving the 250 undersuit. Diving Minnesota - a lot of the water is sub 50 degrees and down to mid 30s F.

I've been diving with the 250gm undergarment in 50 degree waters, and I'm warm. I inflate my suit to keep the squeeze off, and control my buoyancy with the wing. Thus, I've never felt like a balloon. Ymmv.

Weird! Have you reached out to them? Did you get the initial "order received" e-mail?

I did get the order received. But I didn't get any shipment confirmation like you guys did. And it's been 10 days. I will email them today and call them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom