Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like the overall website got a major update here recently, and with it the price of things went down...I had priced out a suit previously and it came out to be around 1.5k...just priced it out again and it's 500 cheaper....hard to beat

looks like the overall website got a major update here recently, and with it the price of things went down...I had priced out a suit previously and it came out to be around 1.5k...just priced it out again and it's 500 cheaper....hard to beat

It looked to me like what they changed was that they were showing me the price now, without VAT included. I assumed because they detected my browser was in the U.S.. Before, they always showed the price with VAT included.

Is there more to it than that?

Yeah I didn’t see a big price difference either but the BAT is not automatically on anymore.

I just spec'ed out the exact same suit and undies I ordered 3 years ago and it came out to 1097 GBP (w/o shipping). My original order of the same stuff was 1047GBP (w/o shipping). Plus it's 10 Pounds more for shipping than it was then (70GBP vs 60).

I'd say the only way it has gotten cheaper is if the exchange rate is better.

I just spec'ed out the exact same suit and undies I ordered 3 years ago and it came out to 1097 GBP (w/o shipping). My original order of the same stuff was 1047GBP (w/o shipping). Plus it's 10 Pounds more for shipping than it was then (70GBP vs 60).

I'd say the only way it has gotten cheaper is if the exchange rate is better.
hmmmm, either I didn't notice VAT tax before, or maybe I specced out something different...either way, what I specced out now, came out to be about 500 cheaper than what I had specced out previously...so i'm excited :D

hmmmm, either I didn't notice VAT tax before, or maybe I specced out something different...either way, what I specced out now, came out to be about 500 cheaper than what I had specced out previously...so i'm excited :D

500 is a pretty big difference given how low the suits price is..
I wonder if you inadvertently added two suits into your cart.

500 is a pretty big difference given how low the suits price is..
I wonder if you inadvertently added two suits into your cart.

The site won’t even let you do that.

That's weird. I'm with stuartv. I spec-ed out the exact same suit that I have in the mail right now ordered a few months ago. It spec-ed out 20 GBP cheaper, which may be an actual small change, or I might have clicked 1 of the options wrong, but either way, I consider that in the noise.

@stuartv I'm looking into getting a Seaskin drysuit, which will be my first drysuit so I'm very new to all this. Why did you prefer the Kubi wrist system over the cheaper SiTech one?

upload_2021-7-18_17-6-47.png

I got my Seaskin about 6 months ago; it is also my first drysuit. When I was researching the options for a dry glove system, I read about some of them (including reviews), and watched a number of YouTubes. When all was said and done, I found the Kubi system to be the most simplistic with respect to getting the gloves on and off, and changing the wrist seals and gloves (if need be). I also like that the rings are aluminum and not plastic. I'm very happy with my choice. I've never had any of the issues that some people have described. Getting them on and off is simple; you just have to make sure to wipe a very thin layer of silicone lube on the O ring on the glove side. I've never had the glove separate from the cuff during a dive. I've also found changing a glove to be fairly straight forward (only did it to learn how to do it). There are a couple of youtubes showing the procedure. The video on the Kubi website shows the procedure which only works with gloves that don't have an inner cloth lining (the ones that come with the set), as many of the Showa gloves do. The gloves with a cloth lining will wick water to the inside of the glove if installed per the Kubi video. There are other YuoTubes which show the method that works with the lined gloves. Finally, if you go with the Kubi system, I would recommend getting the thin neoprene covers installed; they cover the aluminum ring on the glove side (once the gloves are on), which protects it from getting scuffed up. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom