SeaSkin: Just ordered my first drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just pulled the trigger... and now I wait...

Seaskin Nova - Membrane Diving Drysuit

Nova Option-Main Body Dry Zip Cover
Dry Suit Option - Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve
Dry Suit Option - Warm Neck Standard
Nova Option-SiTech Docking System 60910 fitted
Supplement for Siflex (Silicon) seals with Sitech/Kubi Docking systems
Nova Option-Compressed Neoprene Socks
Dry Suit Option - Kevlar Knee Pads
Nova Option-PU Bum Pads
Nova Option-PU Elbow Pads
Nova Option-PU Shoulder Reinforcement
Nova Option-Fully Telescopic Torso
Dry Suit Option - Name Badge Name and Flag
Dry Suit Option - Pocket for Nova, Bellows
Dry Suit Option - Second Pocket for Nova, Bellows
Seaskin Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 250
Seaskin Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 150
Undersuit Suit Option - Pee Valve Hole
SiTech Complete (No Gloves) QCP Glove Lock System
Showa Lined Gloves Xtra Large
Showa Unlined Gloves Xtra Large

Sweet! I ordered mine a few weeks ago. Now I just have to figure out where I can take the class!

Just pulled the trigger... and now I wait...

Seaskin Nova - Membrane Diving Drysuit

Nova Option-Main Body Dry Zip Cover
Dry Suit Option - Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve
Dry Suit Option - Warm Neck Standard
Nova Option-SiTech Docking System 60910 fitted
Supplement for Siflex (Silicon) seals with Sitech/Kubi Docking systems
Nova Option-Compressed Neoprene Socks
Dry Suit Option - Kevlar Knee Pads
Nova Option-PU Bum Pads
Nova Option-PU Elbow Pads
Nova Option-PU Shoulder Reinforcement
Nova Option-Fully Telescopic Torso
Dry Suit Option - Name Badge Name and Flag
Dry Suit Option - Pocket for Nova, Bellows
Dry Suit Option - Second Pocket for Nova, Bellows
Seaskin Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 250
Seaskin Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 150
Undersuit Suit Option - Pee Valve Hole
SiTech Complete (No Gloves) QCP Glove Lock System
Showa Lined Gloves Xtra Large
Showa Unlined Gloves Xtra Large

Estimated ship date March 29th.

Now I wait :)

What made you choose the Seaskin Nova?
* custom fit
* price
* reviews here and elsewhere

I am not a rack size. I have been loathe to invest the money as a consequence. The huge markups on most dive gear does not help, and I am not a pro so I don't get discounts. A custom drysuit from most vendors is significantly more expensive.

For $1,700 CAD / 1,000 GBP I get made to measure with a bunch of options added and 2 different sets of made to measure undergarments for less than most off the rack suits with no options. Especially when you factor in the undergarments.

Build a suit with your selected options on some of the popular retail sites - which I do buy from - and a bargain $1,000 drysuit quickly climbs in price with the addition of options. Throw dry gloves in the cart, replaceable seals, pee valve, and even a single set of undergarments and you are at $2k or more before you know it, all off the rack sizing instead of made to measure. Locally I could not hope to come close to the pricing, even if I were an off the rack sizing.

The proof of the pudding, of course, is in the eating. Time will tell if I made the right (for me) decision, but reviews here and elsewhere convinced me to pull the trigger.

sounds like a great deal. I am thinking to order a Brooks suit for the same approx. cost. I will definitely have to look into this.

* custom fit
* price
* reviews here and elsewhere

I am not a rack size. I have been loathe to invest the money as a consequence. The huge markups on most dive gear does not help, and I am not a pro so I don't get discounts. A custom drysuit from most vendors is significantly more expensive.

For $1,700 CAD / 1,000 GBP I get made to measure with a bunch of options added and 2 different sets of made to measure undergarments for less than most off the rack suits with no options. Especially when you factor in the undergarments.

Build a suit with your selected options on some of the popular retail sites - which I do buy from - and a bargain $1,000 drysuit quickly climbs in price with the addition of options. Throw dry gloves in the cart, replaceable seals, pee valve, and even a single set of undergarments and you are at $2k or more before you know it, all off the rack sizing instead of made to measure. Locally I could not hope to come close to the pricing, even if I were an off the rack sizing.

The proof of the pudding, of course, is in the eating. Time will tell if I made the right (for me) decision, but reviews here and elsewhere convinced me to pull the trigger.

sounds like a great deal. I am thinking to order a Brooks suit for the same approx. cost. I will definitely have to look into this.
You could also look at RoHo / RobinHood Watersports. A couple of friends have them and are very happy with them. I am not sure personally about their glue only, no stitch manufacturing though. Probably fine but made me a bit nervous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom