Question [seaskin] How to measure - tips and tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elZub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
read and read the guide on their website, but I’m not sure I really got it :D

Took it yesterday with a friend’s help…but now that I have to entry data on their website…I have a voice inside me: what’s if those measures are slightly loose or thight or wrong ?:bounce:

I’m wondering if anyone here has suggestions or advise to get a bullet proof measuremnt in order to don’t find any bad surprise when drysuit is ready.

For example the body cord...from my point of view is not a easy take...

Body Cord

The body cord (a big loop going over the shoulder and between the legs) is measured using the builders’ tape (most cloth tapes are too short). It is important that the curve across the tape is facing towards the body so the tape does not kink. Put the tape over the middle of your left shoulder (the position a strap of a bag would sit if your were carrying it) and under the crutch as tight as is comfortable, snug is the best description. Ensure that you stand with a straight back and that trousers are hitched up as high as possible

Or even

Inside Leg

Face a wall and put the book between your legs as far up as it will go (hitch your trousers up). Step away leaving the book in position. Your assistant should measure the distance from the top of the book to the ground. Remember to remove shoes.
Better a little bit more or less?😆

I read here someone...could not perform a frog kick easily due to shorten measure..

I took all measurements (with the help of different people) three times. Any which were WAY off I'd do again. Then took the average.

Seaskin will take your measurements and take undergarments etc into account when manufacturing the suit, so it will be slightly loose anyway. Minor measurement mistakes won't make any difference.

Basically, don't sweat a centimeter here or there :)

Gday mate!Seaskin does not give help but I just called NASA .. unfortunately they said to ask to an aussie wiseman named happy diver here in scuba board... Does it you????

If you’re unsure about measuring yourself/with a friend, go to a tailor or seamstress and ask them to measure you. You’ll pay something but it will likely be more accurate b

I took all measurements (with the help of different people) three times. Any which were WAY off I'd do again. Then took the average.

Seaskin will take your measurements and take undergarments etc into account when manufacturing the suit, so it will be slightly loose anyway. Minor measurement mistakes won't make any difference.

Basically, don't sweat a centimeter here or there :)
@mwerle all the time ..measurements were a bit different?
i Was with underwear….should I say to seaskin when I do the order?

If you’re unsure about measuring yourself/with a friend, go to a tailor or seamstress and ask them to measure you. You’ll pay something but it will likely be more accurate b

good advise I will see if I find a tailor.
tnx

Follow the instructions and do not measure with your undergarments on! The instruction said to do it with your street clothes on. If you do measure with your undergarments your drysuit will be big big big on you.

I second the tailor if you are not sure.

I had two separate friends do the measurements. Both times they were within 1 cm of each other, and when I got the suit it fit perfectly.

Of course I then promptly lost 9 kg and now it’s a big loose in the belly area, but it’s still completely useable.

@mwerle all the time ..measurements were a bit different?
A little bit. Can't remember in detail, sorry, was a while ago, but it was only a centimeter here or there mostly. There was at least one which was off by a bit more so I redid that one a few more times.

Ultimately my suit fits me very well, I've been really happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom