Seaskin drysuit MIA at customs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If couriers cannot deliver on time, they should reduce their rates

That may be true but in these circumstances the customs brokers like @Marie13 are working harder and thus they are charging much, much more :p

That's not how it works ha ha

We are having issues finding space for airfreight due to the reduction in passenger aircraft that normally carry of a lot of airfreight to my region, and frequently have had goods, which require cold chain management, stuck in various hubs for days (Frankfurt and Istanbul) because of limited ongoing flights.

I don't expect a reduced rate, but it WOULD be nice to get an accurate eta. If they know everything is backed up then why does my tracking still say tomorrow? No it won't, lol. I'd be much more happy if the damn thing said "we're not sure, but maybe by next Friday?" At least that would be honest and accurate:)

Thought I'd give an update, in case anyone else comes across this thread later.

I called Fedex twice in the interim to check-in -- there was nothing they could do. They confirmed all documents looked in order, and customs has been running a backlog of 5-10 days in general.
[ Now if someone knows how to reach customs, perhaps just maybe that could make a difference. Alas in my case, I just had to wait for the process to complete. ]
After ~8 days of sitting in customs at Memphis, it finally got cleared for delivery. It's on its way now. (Yay!)

Thanks everyone for your input!

Thought I'd give an update, in case anyone else comes across this thread later.

I called Fedex twice in the interim to check-in -- there was nothing they could do. They confirmed all documents looked in order, and customs has been running a backlog of 5-10 days in general.
[ Now if someone knows how to reach customs, perhaps just maybe that could make a difference. Alas in my case, I just had to wait for the process to complete. ]
After ~8 days of sitting in customs at Memphis, it finally got cleared for delivery. It's on its way now. (Yay!)

Thanks everyone for your input!

Good to hear. You NEVER call Customs for them to speed up stuff. They will stick your stuff to the bottom of stack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom