Searching..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Virus]FSLR2[:
Man you crack me up...

Not sure about the exact location, but I belive that this particular island has two peaks.

here's the result from a Google Search for it...

Actually, it's a small key down at the Tortugas. Was an article written by John Audubon in his Orintholigical Biography about visiting it once.

" . . . In a short time we were extremely social and merry. They thought my visit to the Tortugas, in quest of birds, was rather a "curious fancy;" but, notwithstanding, they expressed their pleasure while looking at some of my drawings, and offered their services in procuring specimens. Expeditions far and near were proposed, and on settling that one of them was to take place on the morrow, we parted friends.
Early next morning, several of these kind men accompanied me to a small key called Booby Island, about ten miles distant from the lighthouse. Their boats were well manned, and rowed with long and steady strokes, such as whalers and men-of-war's men are wont to draw. The captain sang, and at times, by way of frolic, ran a race with our own beautiful bark. The Booby Isle was soon reached, and our sport there was equal to any we had elsewhere. They were capital shots, had excellent guns, and knew more about boobies and noddies than nine-tenths of the best naturalists in the world. But what will you say when I tell you the Florida Wreckers are excellent at a deer hunt, and that at certain seasons, "when business is slack," they are wont to land on some extensive key, and in a few hours procure a supply of delicious venison."

And another reference to it being between St. Kitts and Nevis

There's also one that appears on nautical charts in Australia, Australian chart # 410, Booby Island to Cape Wessel.

Thanks for the Info on Booby Isle...actually I think the Isle with the two peaks may be the one. What is it's name, location?
Tortugas looks like it has no peaks. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom