Searching Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JButla

Reaction score
Perhaps its me, but every search I try I am told that I am exceeding a minimum word length - no matter what word(s) I use.

Am I just doing something blatently stupid that I'm missing?

thanks

How are you searching? I went to the search function beside the "new posts" link and typed in "sleep and surface and interval" and was able to get several results in both a full board search and a search in the Dive Medicine section. Are you using that search button or the "search this thread" option near the "thread tools" button?

BTW, I'm no computer whiz :)

Good luck!
Ber :bunny:

I used both search links above (the "Search" between "Register" and "Clubs" as well as the "Search" next to "New Posts"

I got the same error.

Was always able to search w/o any problem on the original version of this site.

strings I have tried in the search line were:

sea sick medication

sea and sick and medication

rescue devices

rescue device

key largo

...none of these worked on this new system, but on the old board style, all the above methods would work.

AH HA! Words have to be 4 letters long when searching. Try "seasick" instead of "sea sick" and "KeyLargo" instead of "Key Largo." Both turned up results that included threads that had one word as well as two word uses of the words I used in the search. I used "rescue devices" with success also.

I was using the "search" function next to "new posts."
Let us know if this works for you too.
Ber :lilbunny:

See...I knew it would be a stupid thing on my end.

Thanks!

-John

Don't feel bad John, we all get a brain cramp from time to time! Hope you enjoyed the brain massage :biggrinje
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom