"search This Forum" At Top Of Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Am I missing something? I used this feature all the time.

Yes.

It's part of the regular search. Just check the box that says "search this forum only'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160515-092844.png
    Screenshot_20160515-092844.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
So you have to go to the search at the top of the page, type in the search criteria then select the forum I would want to search?

Browsing on a computer it's already checked by default in the generic search box at the top right corner. Here's what it looks like from this thread:

Capture.JPG

So you have to go to the search at the top of the page, type in the search criteria then select the forum I would want to search?
That's another way to do it also.

I liked the old search function much better; it was easier and produced good information. I think it is usually useless to type terms into the current search box and hit enter because it usually brings up a lot of old stuff.

I now skip that step and hit "more" and type in the search terms. I uncheck the "child forums" and change the default to "most recent" before I begin a search.

It requires extra steps but it produces better information IMO. I wish they would reinstate the old search function, it was easier and better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom