Search problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

Before I posted a thread this AM about DAN, I did a search for "DAN" over the last 2 weeks. It came back with no matched and still does in spite of at least 2 threads today on the subject. What am I doing wrong?

the search feature requires at least four characters. You can use the wild card * for a fourth character.

try -> dan*

TIP: you can include boolean operators in advanced search that will help you zero in.

dan* NOT dana NOT daniel NOT (ect. you get the point.)

Thanks, I thought it would be something like that.

Well... when I do an advanced search using dan* and search the whole post rather than just the title then it will return hits on dan but for some reason it won't do the same with a title only search unless there is an actual forth character... for instance a thread titled DAN's... would be returned.

Real problem is that the message returned from the "DAN" search was that there was nothing found rather than the 'search parameter too short' message. Like most computers, just can't trust these darn things totally.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom