Search help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefugee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I am new to this forum and scuba diving. I have been trying to use the search feature before asking any questions. However, I have not figured out how to efficiently use the search feature. I was wondering if there was a way to 1) search as specific forum 2) use boolean search? Is there a FAQ on how to use the search feature?

Thanks
:confused:

DOH! I just found the advance search feature. :D

Quick question: Is there an FAQ on searching? I am trying to figure out how to use a boolean search. For example I want to search for posts that has the word "Bare" AND "Drysuit". How about searching based on variable. I want to search so that the word drysuit and drysuits both comes up by using something like "Dry*"

Thanks
Minh

Sorry, no search FAQ (yet).

Just enter Bare and Drysuit as search criteria.

Dry* is perfectly acceptable as a search criterium.

I'd like to add another search question if I might... is there a way to search for a specific phrase? I've tried entering the phrase in quotes but the search still returns anything it finds with any of the words in it. I've also tried using AND between my words but get the same result. Would like to search for a specific phrase if possible.

Back
Top Bottom