Search Function

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've had two problems with the search function that need to be addressed:

1. On occasion, no matter what I search for the results are "nothing found." What's up with that? How can nothing be found on scubaboard by the scubaboard search function?

2. The rest of the time, when try to search I get an error message stating that I can search only once every 10 seconds. I'm not doing multiple searches, I'm doing a single search. What's up with that?

Looking back at previous threads regarding the search function, it seems like there are a lot of problems with the search function. And there have been a lot of suggestions for user work-arounds.

Why not just fix it so that it works the way it should????????????????????????

Why not just fix it so that it works the way it should????????????????????????
There are some things that can be tweaked to improve the search performance but I'm hesitant to start modifying the core software as I'm well aware of this statement: "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you support it for life..."

If the default search (consistently) doesn't give you the right results, the Google workaround will give you pretty good results.

BTW, have you tried the Advanced Search too?

Also, can you state the search criteria you've used for testing?

So sorry, can't remember what I was searching for.

Since you guys didn't write the code I guess you're off the hook!

There are some things that can be tweaked to improve the search performance but I'm hesitant to start modifying the core software as I'm well aware of this statement: "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you support it for life..."

If the default search (consistently) doesn't give you the right results, the Google workaround will give you pretty good results.

BTW, have you tried the Advanced Search too?

Also, can you state the search criteria you've used for testing?

Okay, here are a couple of examples:

I searched on "Dive Rite" and got "nothing found."

I right clicked on someone's avatar and then clicked on "Find all threads by so-and-so" and I got an error message stating that I can search only once every 10 seconds.

I right clicked on someone's avatar and then clicked on "Find all threads by so-and-so" and I got an error message stating that I can search only once every 10 seconds.

I get that every single time I try to search for posts by user using the avatar. If I want to look for posts by that used I have to actually go to their profile, then go to statistics, then click find other posts.

It's kind of annoying...

Glad it's not just me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom