Search finally over for Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viseral

New
Reaction score
Hello all, first time poster but not a first time user of force fins.

The past few months I been searching the internet for the type of fins a friend lend me for bodyboarding in the late 90s. I recalled the feel and shape just not the name, slipped from his mind too by the time I asked. I now know they were a pair of Force Fin Originals. Searching google images for bodyboarding/spearfishing fins was a dead end, turned out an image of a toy model SF diver using a pair of Force Fins was my lead here.

Upon browsing the sites products I felt like I was in the tool section of a Hardware store, though I feel I finally narrowed down my choices to two fins. The Surf Rescue Force and Hockey Force both seem to fit my needs for the waters I swim.

The questions I have are about the performance comparison and the sizes they come in. These are a few things Ive picked up from previous posts.

1)Rescue has a faster acceleration to its max speed while the Hockey has a greater overall max speed
2)Hockey is better able to power through currents
3)Both have great maneuverability
4)Rescue comes in Large while Hockeys sometimes came in L or XL?

Now im not sure how accurate my info is, if anyone could set me straight that would be greatly appreciated. Im just glad to hear Force Fin is still in it.

Thanks again,
Viseral

Viseral, Tool section of a Hardware store... interesting review, so I will keep it simple. Purchase the original Force Fin Model.with nylon strap. Forget the other's we are not making them and will be pulling down more "hardware" off our web site.

if you're going to be diving you'll want the Hockey is the easy choice, but I wouldn't overlook the Excellerator (if Bob can make them these days). The Surf Rescue is a sweetie fin, but I wouldn't recommend it for diving, its better suited for body surfing, swimming and the like. Its small size both allows it to accelerate faster but also requires a tremendous cadence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom