Seaquest Diva LX BCD, size small, $145+shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubajoeT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Selling my wife's lightly used Seaquest Diva LX (luxury edition) BCD, size small. This has always been rinsed and properly stored after use. Very good condition (practically indiscernible from new). Works perfectly. It always fit her a little bulky and was a little heavy for travel use. Finally got her a smaller/lighter BCD and now this one's ready for new home. This is a very nice BCD for females, with lots of adjustments, metal d-rings, pockets, and integrated weight pouches. Also has non-releasable weight pouches on tank band for trim weights. Includes hose keeper (for octo or computer) and BCD hanger. $145 plus actual shipping costs from Houston (your choice of methods). Paypal preferred.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

I will vouch for the awesomeness of this BCD... I had one for years and loved it for about 500 dives. Sadly, this one is not my size or I'd be all over this. Good luck!

Do you still have this BCD? When was it originally purchased and when was the last time it was serviced/inspected? Do you know about how much it weighs (I looked online but couldn't find weight)? Thanks for additional info.

Yes, still have it. To the best of my knowledge, it was purchased around 2002. We bought it used, but with only a half dozen dives or so on it. It was then, and still is, in like new condition. When purchased, it had an airsource2 inflater/second that my wife has now moved to her new BCD, and replaced the one on this BCD with a regular inflator. The BCD/airsource was last serviced in July 2011. She last dove it in March 2012, and has put a total of ~50 dives on it in the 2 years that she's had it. I don't know the history of the inflator that it currently has installed, but it looks and tests fine. If for some unlikely reason you had troubles with it, I have another one just like it I could send you. As far as weight goes, I don't know either, but my semi-accurate weight measurements at home say about 7 pounds...

Thanks for checking, and let me know...

-JoeT

Joe,

Thank you for the additional information. How adjustable is this BC? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the specific brand & model. Looking for it for 18 year old grand-daughter that is really between an XS & Small. I presume the cumberbund is adjustable in the back - are the shoulders adjustable besides at the quick release pull straps? Also, do you know the weight limits of the front weight pockets? Are they 10-12 pounds each plus the rear trim pockets 5 lbs each? Sorry for ton of questions! Thank you for the information!

- Robin

No problem on the questions. It is pretty adjustable. It has several positions at the back of the cummerbund like you mentioned, but no other shoulder adjustments other than the pull straps (but they adjust at each end, instead of just at the hanging pull tabs, if that makes any sense). I don't have the vendor info on hand, but I know you can put 2 5# lead blocks in each front pocket (probably 6 pounders as well), and a 5# in each back. So a total of at least 30# of lead, which is a LOT, at least for any tropical diving...

-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom