Sealife vs. Tovatec vs. iTorch vs. Archon video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcaqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear all,

Following on an earlier post regarding lights for the gopro 3, I have looked at a few options and am having difficulty deciding.

I think I would like 2 X 1200 lights,and am trying to shell out as little as possible, ergo Sola and Ikelite etc are out.

At the same time, I am only going to buy this stuff once and will scream if my conclusion is that the lights I bought are too weak...:banghead:

Does anyone have any advice on / experience with the following:

- iTorch pro 5+ (1600)
- Sea dragon 1200
- Tovatec Galaxy (a bit pricier but packing 2500...)
- Archon (could not find pricing)

I have a Backscatter tray and arms so anything with a YS mount can be added onto the rig at no extra cost...

The Itorch would set me back US$ 690
Tovatec $800
Sea dragon $900, including the special rig which I do not need

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best,

Rene

OK, 89 views and no replies.....: is the question that stupid? Or am I in the wrong forum...? ;-)

RA

i asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago with no replies either. i spoke to a couple shops and online vendors and they all seem to like the seadragon 2000 dual, which i have purchased. i haven't gotten to try it yet but they seem plenty birght in the house compared to my uk lightcanon as a comparison

Dear Mhokama86,

Thanks a lot, and sorry your experience was similar. Perhaps scubaboard members' interests are waning..... ;-)

RA

Dear all,

Following on an earlier post regarding lights for the gopro 3, I have looked at a few options and am having difficulty deciding.

I think I would like 2 X 1200 lights,and am trying to shell out as little as possible, ergo Sola and Ikelite etc are out.

At the same time, I am only going to buy this stuff once and will scream if my conclusion is that the lights I bought are too weak...:banghead:

Does anyone have any advice on / experience with the following:

- iTorch pro 5+ (1600)
- Sea dragon 1200
- Tovatec Galaxy (a bit pricier but packing 2500...)
- Archon (could not find pricing)

I have a Backscatter tray and arms so anything with a YS mount can be added onto the rig at no extra cost...

The Itorch would set me back US$ 690
Tovatec $800
Sea dragon $900, including the special rig which I do not need

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best,

Rene

You might also consider our wide angle video lights.

890 lumens and priced very well..

MAKO Underwater Photo/Video Light

mul_exp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom