Sealife MX-10 and Sport Diver 2 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mannella9

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a budget friendly camera and I am ok with a 35mm, as I cannot afford a housing for my digital camera (sony dsc-p10 and V1). I was looking at the Sealife MX-10 and the Sealife sport diver 2. Does anyone have any sample pictures that they could email me or link me to? Any reviews on these 2 products good or bad?

Email: mannella9@comcast.net

I have a MX-10 but I would suggest you don't buy one. They are great cameras but film is just not the way to go any more, esp for a beginner. While you can buy an MX-10/strobe for a reasonable price you really need to add at least a close up lens ($50) and a macro set $150 to round out the system which will bring the cost up to $350-400. For the same cost you can buy a Olympus SP-350 and housing. The other cost to consider is film and processing. At $10 to 20 per roll for film and developing it does not take too long to add up to several hundred dollars. I use to spend at least $100 on film and processing on every trip it took. I now shoot 3 or 4 times a many photos and spend zero on film or processing. In addtion the learning curve is a lot less on a digital camera and you have a lot more flexability (control) over a low end digital camera than you can get on the MX-10.
IMO, you should save for a little longer and buy a lower end digital camera. You will be a lot happier in the end.

Have not really thought to but PM me. I would rather it be used than set on the shelf like it does now.

All the UW pics in my tagline were taken with a Sea & Sea MX-10. Of course these are the ummm half decent pics, most of the photos taken were not so good :wink: My sophisticated technique is to get 60cm to 1.5m from critter of interest and take a snapshot with the strobe LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom