Sealife Kudos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobfmdc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have had Sealife cameras all the way back to the old 35mm models, so I have watched them evolve and improve their products over the years. I think this is an excellent company for the beginner who wants to get into underwater photography.

I have been particularly impressed with their corporate response to problems that you send their service department. I don't think I have found anyone among scuba equipment sellers who stands behind their products as well as Sealife--regardless of whether or not the equipment is still in warranty. Compare and contrast that with some companies we all know that don't even support their products at all once the warranty is over, or others that discontinue models and just give you a "tough s**t" brushoff, or others that refuse to interact with you at all and send you back to your local dive shop. We know who those are, don't we.

On numerous occasions, I, or my friends, have gone to the service department with a problem and ended up with a new piece of replacement equipment, or a new part.

Yeah, Sealife cameras are not what super professional photographers use. But for we divers who take pictures (as opposed to the photographers who incidentally dive) they are just fine. But what really makes them stand out is their company commitment to support and customer service.

Full disclosure: Neither I nor any of my relatives, friends, former wives & lovers, etc. work for Sealife (actually the corporate name is Pioneer Research).

Back
Top Bottom