Sealife Dc600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
I just got a Sealife DC600 for Christmas. Seems to be a great camera and it has a real nice underwater case. I've never taken many good pictures under water and was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers of how to make the best from my new camera. Thanks in advance.

I have not use your camera but here are a couple of starting points.

1) Take tons of photos with it, its digital you can erase the bad and keep the good so shoot, shoot shoot!
2) Set your WB about every 10 or 15' down that you want to take photos in this will help the camera ajust the dim lighting.
3) If you have no strob get close very close to your subject if you want color. The further away the bluer your shot.
4th and final Have fun and share your pics with others.
DivingCozumelNov04098.jpg

I agree with the above. Also, if you bought it from your local LDS, you should see if they will give you a discount on an UW photography specialty. We give the specialty free with all digital camera purchases....might be worth a shot...

Congrats on your new camera.

But as it's brand new, and may be able to be returned, you might think about getting the cash back and getting a better all around rig as a Canon / Olympus type camera in its own dedicated housing.

Not that you can't enjoy your new rig, cool you got it for christmas that's a nice present, but getting a much better land camera that also has a nice housing you may be happier in the long run...., and you'll have much more control over it....I've had too many different rigs and have climb that ladder of equipment.

Congrats on the new toy!!
Randy-S has the right idea. The more you use it, the more comfortable you'll get with it and the better your composition will become. Also, read the manuals that came with the camera and the strobe. There are some great pointers in them from the pros themselves.

Thanks guys. I need all the help I can get. I was glad the DC600 could be removed from the housing and used as a land camera. I get to familarize myself with the camera before actually going under water. I have also loaded the camera in the housing and shot some pictures just to get the feel of the camera as it might be under water. I have taken some pictures with and with out gloves to see how difficult it would be using the housing buttons. It seems to be a good camera and I think that I'm going to like it. It has settings for land and underwater use. Thanks again for the tips!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom