SeaLife DC1400 vs. Olympus TG-820 w/ housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billinwilliamston

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

I usually haunt the Cayman and Florida forums, but I have a camera question, so here I am. I need to get a camera and, since I'm buying locally, I've narrowed it down to two. The SeaLife DC1400 and the Olympus "Tough" TG-820 with a housing. They are within $10 of each other price-wise and the specs are fairly comparable. I like the fact that the Olympus is rated down the 30' without the housing, and I like the idea of the bigger buttons on the SeaLife but neither is that compelling. I've owned a couple of SeaLife's and a housed Olympus in the past and they each had their good and bad points. I've downloaded and perused the manuals for both and they both seem pretty straightforward when it comes to manually setting the white balance, etc. For the most part, I am a snap-shot kind of guy. I try to avoid seeing the world through a viewfinder if I can. I'll be using whichever I buy both topside and down to 100' or so.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

---------- Post added June 28th, 2013 at 05:54 PM ----------

Never mind. Pulled the trigger already.

Back
Top Bottom