SeaLife DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev_328

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently flooded my DC1000 while helping out with OW scuba class. I've tried almost everything to "resuscitate" it back to life....it appears hopeless. Anyone looking to sell a used DC1000? (Really only need the camera.)

Kevin
Saratoga County NY

You might want to contact SeaLife about a solution. They replaced a flooded video light for me at no charge. I have always heard strong positive comments about their customer service.

Hi Grantwiscour-

I contacted Sealife the day after it happened and they couldn't help. The stopped making the DC1000 in 2009. (I assume they no longer stock the parts.) They did offer me a rebate and tried to sell me a DC1400. (I think the rebate was $50.00. I passed on the offer.)

Kevin
Saratoga County NY

For a $50 discount I don't blame you. I have seen some on eBay from time to time pretty cheap. I have the DC1000 set up myself and have thought about picking up an extra camera if I see one cheap enough.

I searched ebay and other sites but didn't find one for you. Good luck.

Back to the top of the pile............

Have you tried to change the battery. I have had trouble with water getting in my DC800 would not consider it flooded but when I put a new battery in it worked. Just a thought.

Andy

Sealife

DC500
DC600
DC800
DC1400

I tried a couple of different batteries. Same results; it will not power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom