Sealife DC 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased a Sealife DC 600. I have dove with this camera a few times. I have noticed that the batteries do not last that long. One battery when I use the internal flash will only last about one dive. Has anyone else used this camera? I am just curious and if anyone else had a similar experience.

Thanks,

Sean

I have a DC600, and I have noticed this too. I now have 3 batteries that i use so that I can switch between dives. You can find good batteries on e-bay for this camera that are better than the factory batteries but not much. I got 2 for about $20 shipping and all.

Frank...

Glad to see not just me... who did you buy from since they appear to be reputable might as well use the same co...

Thanks from the Texas Swamps

I have a DC500, the model prior to DC600 but very similar. When the DC500 first came out, the std battery was 650 mAh and it would barely last a dive. About a year ago I was able to get a 750 mAh battery from Pioneer (the manufaturer). It lasts 1-2 dives pretty well. I use the external strobe and set the camera to go to sleep after 30 seconds and turn off after 5 minutes.

I believe that the DC600 comes with the 750 mAh battery. Make sure that you have that battery. It should last for two dives, but I change mine after every dive just in case. I shoot a good bit of video with mine so that eats battery.

I now carry three batteries plus the charger unit that goes on the power supply. I do a lot of liveaboards, so I can always have a fresh battery and one in the charger.

If you have problems, call Pioneer directly. I have and have become my LDS's expert on all things DC500/600.

PM me if you want any further info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom