SeaLife DC 2000 Sea Dragon 2500 video light vs. 3000 auto video light using with strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow5868

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I love underwater photography! I have a SeaLife DC200 with a Sea Dragon 2500 lumen video light. I am looking to buy a SeaLife strobe (flash). Does anyone dive with this setup? I read that the new video lights have an automatic setting that reads the flash and shuts the video light off for one second when a picture is taken (my light does not do this) Does it affect the photo and how if the video light does not turn off when the flash fires. And how does it affect your photos. I would hate to have to purchase a new video light because of this. Thank you everyone.

I suspect it will have little impact, strobes are significantly more powerful than even the ultra bright 10,000 plus lumen video lights. All this assumes a flash dominated exposure - if you run you shutter speed too low or your flash output is too low it could show up - more likely to be an issue with TTL as often TTL will dial down flash contribution - that really depends on the camera.

I usually just set the camera on external light settings and let it do the rest . I think you are onto something. So what you are saying is the strobe would be so much brighter than the video light when it goes off it would absorb or drown out the light from the video light.

It should depending on the settings you are using - if you set it up so that the strobe output is very low you may see the light. This would be using widest apertures and/or high ISO settings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom