SeaLife Customer Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RYCO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
last year i bought a dc800. last month i was diving at 60 ft and went to take a picture and the camera was half full of water. DANG IT!!

when i surfaced i took the battery out and let it sit. then when i got home i took the camera apart and blew it dry then let it sit in a container of rice. it worked! kinda. sometimes the picture was white, but most of the time it worked.

while it was sitting in the rice i called sea life and told them the thing leaked. they said to send it back but they doubt it was the case and if not there would be a charge, so i decided not to send it in with out another test. so i took it to a pool and tried it in a few feet of water, and it leaked again so back it went.

now the reason i typed this up, im going on a trip to powell this coming week, i told them this and they said they would get it back to me on time. i called them last friday and asked what the scoop was and they said the case was bad and they were going to replace it, but that it would take more time. well, they have this new one, the dc1200. way better. i asked if i could pay to upgrade to the new one. he said yes then put me on hold to find out what i would have to pay. he comes back on and says "you know what, we will just send it to you"...... and they did, got it yesterday.

i have heard some bad things about their customer service so i wanted to give my 2 bits on them. i think they are great!! and would recomend their product to anyone!

They replaced a flash for me. Very good communication and did it in a timely manner. They have my vote in the customer service department.

Back
Top Bottom