Sealife 2.0 vs TG6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viper12161

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there!! I am VERY new to underwater photography. Started off with a knockoff gopro and then picked up a Sealife 2.0. I have been getting used to it and it takes decent pictures but still learning the camera and all it can do. I just picked up a BigBlue Black Molly IV for it and have it mounted to an Ultralight tray with the Sealife. Went out this weekend for the 1st time with it and pics were decent. I did not realize that I had to change a setting in the camera to tell it I was using a light, so not 100% how they should be. I have been wondering if I should learn all the different settings on my camera as is, or just bite the bullet and grab a TG6 with an enclosure. Seems like it does a lot more than my Sealife does. However, my concern is I don't have time to spend setting up the camera for my shot. I'm a swim along...oooh that looks nice...**snap** kinda diver. My dive buddy spearfishes and is usually in the lead, so can't really stop. Usually just grab camera, turn light on and take pic. Then keep swimming. He would happily stop if I need him too, but I have to get his attention first. So with that being said, would it be kind of a waste getting something like the TG6? I am a New England diver, so the water conditions are not tropical. I know there is a learning curve to every camera regardless, so don't want to learn twice lol

Thanks!!!

I have been wondering if I should learn all the different settings on my camera as is, or just bite the bullet and grab a TG6 with an enclosure.
You make it sound like a TG6 has no settings. But it does.
A some point, you really ought to learn to use your camera, no matter which one it is. RTFM? Google?

You make it sound like a TG6 has no settings. But it does.
A some point, you really ought to learn to use your camera, no matter which one it is. RTFM? Google?

Actually, the exact opposite. From what I have read, the TG6 has waaaay more settings. So would require even more learning of the camera. I have read the manual for the Sealife. It's pretty basic and from what I can tell, it's really just trial and error to figure out what settings work best in my situation. Most use experience I have seen on it have been in more tropical dives. I don't get to dive super often, maybe once every couple of weeks if I'm lucky. So my dilemma is more should I go through the trial and error with my Sealife or just spend the money and get the TG6 and learn it instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom