Sealed? INT? 200bar vs 300bar DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadly_risk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After reading, allot on this forum and some especially helpful posts from DA Aquamaster, I have some regulator questions.

1. In allot of Mk25 vs Mk17 threads the Mk17 is said to be better sealed. Scubapro calls it “environmentally sealed”. What is sealed? The Mk25 seems air-tight.

2. Reading specs I see 200bar INT and 300bar DIN are commonly available. Is INT what connects with a yoke to a k-valve?

3. Can a regulator with a 300bar DIN connect with a 200bar DIN valve?

4. Most reg specs I have seen are either INT or 300bar DIN, so what is the purpose of a 200bar DIN valve?

After reading, allot on this forum and some especially helpful posts from DA Aquamaster, I have some regulator questions.

1. In allot of Mk25 vs Mk17 threads the Mk17 is said to be better sealed. Scubapro calls it “environmentally sealed”. What is sealed? The Mk25 seems air-tight.Sealed is when water can not come in contact with the HP spring,preventing (more or less) freezing of the 1st stage

2. Reading specs I see 200bar INT and 300bar DIN are commonly available. Is INT what connects with a yoke to a k-valve?Int.connects a yoke to a valve,but so does DIN,The yoke goes over the valve,the DIN scews into the valve.

3. Can a regulator with a 300bar DIN connect with a 200bar DIN valve? Yes

4. Most reg specs I have seen are either INT or 300bar DIN, so what is the purpose of a 200bar DIN valve?
Most older DIN regs are 200bar,all new ones are 300bar.But since we have a lot of öld"regs we keep 200bar valves alive.Also a lot of filling stations don't fill 300bar and in that case you need a 200bar valve.

Hope it helps.:D

thank you sir!

We are amongst friends.:D

300(bar) or Evert would have been fine.:rofl3:

Hey I'm just glad to help.:lotsalove:
:kiss2:

Dear Sir or Madam,

The "sealed" term you refer to means environmentally sealed. The ambient chamber is sealed (there are different methods of achieving this) so that the inner workings do not come into contact with water.

Yours truly,

couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom