seahorse hard cases, which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was thinking of getting one of the seahorse cases for my camera set up.
Seahorsecases.com: Photography Cases

They might not be as heavy duty as pelican, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper - and still more than heavy duty enough.

I was trying to determine which one fits my needs best, and without a local dealer, it is hard to get a feeling for their true size and capacity.

I want something that I can take in addition to my carry one as my "personal item" and not have the airlines give me slack for it. I have seen other people have smaller cases that fit this bill. I have a nikon p5100 ikelite housing, z240 strobe, three piece arm set (includes tray), wide angle lense, will have a macro lense or two, battery chargers and memory cards, etc. Jack Connick recommended either the 540 case: Seahorse SE-540F Protective Case - Seahorse Cases - Optical Ocean Sales Underwater Photo - 800-359-1295!
or the 720: Seahorse SE-720F Protective Case - Seahorse Cases - Optical Ocean Sales Underwater Photo - 800-359-1295!

Do any of you have these cases, or are familiar with them? If so, what is your recommendation.

Sorry Scott, but plug; They are just as tough and a lot lighter. Their deep size is cool too! Lifetime warranty.

But I too would love to hear others experiences.

Jack

We have 2 Seahorse cases that have been around the world about a dozen times carrying our scooters - tough treatment no matter how you look at it.

Only damage has been a broken latch. Double thumbs up on them!

It's quite a bit of video, but this shows the cases traveling around:

Endless Scooter: small (74 MB) and large (240 MB)

Endless Scooter 2: Small (135 MB) and large (254 MB)

I'll echo Jack's comments: it seems a bit flimsy, but really holds up well. And is way lighter than Pelican.

All the best, James

Sorry Scott, but plug; They are just as tough and a lot lighter. Their deep size is cool too! Lifetime warranty.

But I too would love to hear others experiences.

Jack
Sorry, Jack, I was just quoting others statements (I have never laid my hands on them).If they are anywhere close as tough (or tougher) than the pelican's it is easilygood enough for what I a using it for. Maybe people mistake "lighter" for "not as tough", but like stated, they are much cheaper. I think I am gonna lay out my gear to determine what size is best. On the deeper case (540), are you able to stack lighter gear on top of each other? (ie multiple layers of foam?

Back
Top Bottom