Seacure Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gamehunter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was at my LDS today and was made aware of this recall. Did not see it posted any where on the board
Recall notice

The link above doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone have a link to an official notice regarding this recall? I could find nothing on the sparse manufacturer's site.

The link above doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone have a link to an official notice regarding this recall? I could find nothing on the sparse manufacturer's site.

I agree, it appears to be a legit recall and I was shocked there's nothing on the SeaCure's website about it.

This is the only online reference I can find right now: News

We apologize for not having the information about our limited recall on our website yet. We have been in the process of switching our website to a new company and re-working the site. It should be live tomorrow and will contain the recall information in the "Product" section. The website address is Seacure - Custom Mouthpiece. If anyone has any questions about the recall, feel free to e-mail us at recall@seacure1.com.

FWIW, I honestly can't see the yellow insert actually "falling into the regulator" and causing a breathing obstruction. Maybe rattling around a little....

I far prefer the newer seacures without the hard plastic insert anyway.

The existence of a recall is not apparent from your website. I only found it because I was looking for it. Obviously you've recalled it because there is some danger to someone however remote. A front page link is appropriate. You will get more good thoughts and potential business from notifying people than the savings on not replacing a few.

Does anyone actually use that yellow thing? Really?

Does anyone actually use that yellow thing? Really?

ummm, yes! It's been a while since Seacure manufactured the yellow-insert versions, but I'm sure there are still a fair number of them out there still in circulation/usage, since they're a very durable/long-lived mouthpiece. I too switched all my regs over to the new generation (Black) ones not too long ago, but still have some of the old/yellow-insert versions in my box of spares. Based on what I've seen other divers using 'in the field' who own the old version Seacures, I'm seeing plenty of yellow-inserts in active usage...the average consumer isn't inclined to remove it, just mold/ install itand go diving....why would the average diver buy the product and then think it's imperative to immediately strip out the yellow insert ??? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom