Seac-Sub Diamond Ice and Alpha 8's - good deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partrir

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

My 13YO son and I are completley new to diving - we're working through OW, with our referral booked in three weeks time in Cyprus, after doing the classroom stuff in the less sunnier climes of the UK. We've done a number of DSD dives as well, so know we enjoy and will persue the sport - probably mainly pool and some sea in the UK to keep skills up, and then holiday diving in the med, although Vobster is just up the road to me....

Anyway - long story short, I've been offered some kit, at what looks like some fairly good deals on the following ...

1) Seac-Sub Diamond Ice regulator, octopus & compact twin console - £180 Brand new and boxed. (about $300 US)
2) Oceanic Alpha 8 octopus 1st and 2nd, Maxdepth Double Combi Console showing depth, temperature and content gauge and Oceanic Ex100 BCD - £275 (about $470 US), about 2 years old, but never used.

I know I might be a bit premature buying this sort of kit now, but if it's a bargain, I'm happy to spend the cash. the thought is one set for me, and one for my son.

Thoughts on this kit and the price for a pair of beginners?

Cheers

Rob

Can't comment on your kit selection, but if I can't get into the sea, Vobster isn't a bad place to be. It's not too bad temperature-wise in the shallows at this time of year (although the thermocline is brutal)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom