Sea & Sea YS-25DX vs. YS-25 Auto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've decided to purchase a YS-25 for my Oly 3040 PT-10 setup. My question is should I go with the YS-25DX that is available now, or wait for the YS-25 AUTO to come out next month? I'm very much a beginner and my first instinct is to wait on the auto model. But perhaps I would be better off with the standard model. The truth is I just don't know, which is why I'm asking. :blush: Any input will be most appreciated.

I'd go with what you can get now and something that has a track record. With the model that isn't out yet, you don't know for sure when it will be released. S&S has been promising the YS90DX AUTO for almost a year and it still hasn't shown up! Being a new model it will likely have a few bugs to be worked out. Unless you like being the guinea pig, that's enough to make me wait until it's been used by the public for a few months at least.

You may also want to check into just what the EXACT difference are in the two models. I remember something negative about the auto models but don't remember exactly what...just do some research before you decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom