Sea & Sea with Inon Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harleythedog

Registered
Reaction score
Was wondering if there is a way to get an Inon AD mount lens (like the WA 105) mounted on a Sea & Sea camera, lets say the DX1200HD.

I have an Inon WA 105 lens and was offered a DX1200HD at a decent price.

thanks

You'd have to adapt an AD mount for another model camera. They're pretty simple. Main info you'd need is the port size and the distance from the port center to the tray. The AD mounts generally are a push fit into the port and then are held by screws into the tray. If the distance is longer than the Sea & Sea, you could space it, but if it's shorter it's not going to reach the tray. If you cant find the exact same port size you might modify the AD mount to fit. They're not too expensive, I think I paid about $75 for mine.

I have the AD mount for the Inon lens. I dont have a Sea&Sea so was wondering how the shape, diameter, etc of that housing was to see if the Inon AD mount can fit or can be modified to fit.

Your idea of modification seems the way to go. Anyone know where I may be able to find specs of housing for 1200HD ?

thanks

They don't give any port specs for the housing. Best bet would be to find one on the shelf (Local dive shop?) and go after it with a set of calipers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom